BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Not sure where this should go ...

having owned a 2004 cobra, I frequent the www.svtperformance.com website ... I saw this post and am wondering ...... I never heard of what this guy is talking about (says he is a BMW service tech).

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=464799

towards the bottom of the first page .. posts by KINGJAY
Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Madjack
Private
Rep
Drives:

Sounds like he is just rehashing old info about the engine. AFAIK, all these issues have been resolved. You always run into issues when something brand new comes out. BMW just needed to work out some of the bugs. All covered under warranty. The only issue is the inconvenience of having to take the car in.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

I was talking to him in that thread...

He was saying that the new HPFP is not in new cars, only for fixes, and that there are LPFP issues also...

Not sure if he's actually a tech or not.

Also thought it was interesting that the fellow over in Germany said he read that the 135i beat the new M3 around BMW's test track. We've heard that before, but it sounds like he read it in print.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
bimmertech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

can't speak of other dealers but in our shop the number of hpfp's replaced has gone down drastically over the past few months. as far as lpfp issues, i've only seen one that had a lpfp pressure sensor go bad. the n54 has been pretty reliable.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
can't speak of other dealers but in our shop the number of hpfp's replaced has gone down drastically over the past few months. as far as lpfp issues, i've only seen one that had a lpfp pressure sensor go bad. the n54 has been pretty reliable.
good to hear .. I would have thought if there were issues (like this guy says there is) it would come out on one of the bmw forums ..

thanks,
Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
bea///in4jc
Market Mover
Rep
Drives:

guy is not a tech and is hater because he had his salad tossed by a BMW with his GF in the car....