F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > HELP NEEDED! Fiber optic cable disconnected
ARMA SPEED

01-20-2024, 10:20 AM   #1
Neven777
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318D

HELP NEEDED! Fiber optic cable disconnected

Hey guys, I need some help. I was installing rear camera (+module) on my BMW F30 318D 2012, and I acidentally disconnected fiber optic cable (one part is connected to the head unit, but the other side is disconnected) and now I cant find the spot to put it back in. I have no idea where should I put it (Photo is attached). I know it shouldnt be far, but it is very tight and I cant see anything in there.

Thaaaanks guys!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 12:56 PM   #2
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

That block normally slides on to a point underneath the head unit and to the left. It's quite hard to explain but that's the least of your concerns.

The short fibre cable from the head unit unplugs from that block as its a separate connector - it seems that you've torn the fibre cables out of the socket itself so you need to find the two loose fibre cables that have been ripped out of that block/socket and see if you can even stuff them back in. Hopefully you can, but normally they have a kind of terminal crimped on to hold it into the socket.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Here’s a picture of mine, but ignore the orange cable. On my Right Hand Drive car the green cable heads to the left towards back of the hvac box .

To repair that cable you will need to unclip Idrive to connector portion of the cable.

It shouldn’t have come apart like that though.

Turn the connector over and there is a blue lock tab, Hopefully it’s in the up position which will allow the fibre optic cables to be reinserted, look closely at mine for orientation. If the tab is down then you might have broken the cable.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-25-2024, 12:48 PM   #4
donax
Rep
Drives: F30 320D

everything is ok, it's a bridge plug, you don't have any fiber optic receiver, it must be a closed circuit and it is
Appreciate 0