BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

NY Dealers

I have been trying to get a hold of some dealers but it seems they are just ignoring me. I e-mailed Wide World of Cars and Prestige BMW a few times each over the past 2 weeks with no response at all. Guess I have to find these places and stop in over the weekend.

Anyone buy their car in New York yet? What dealer and how was your experience? How do they seem to treat new customers? Feel free to add any interesting info on the dealer also.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
sc135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 sgm/taupe 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves85 View Post
I have been trying to get a hold of some dealers but it seems they are just ignoring me. I e-mailed Wide World of Cars and Prestige BMW a few times each over the past 2 weeks with no response at all. Guess I have to find these places and stop in over the weekend.

Anyone buy their car in New York yet? What dealer and how was your experience? How do they seem to treat new customers? Feel free to add any interesting info on the dealer also.
For what it is worth, I had a great buying experience with Wide World of Cars 23 years ago! Geez I'm old!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Year1of1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50

i emailed manhattan bmw b/c it was highly recommended to me. They jacked the price up on MSRP by 4gs and when i mentioned ppl were selling @ MSRP they stopped responding to my emails.

IMO NY dealers arent that great with customer service and responding to peoples needs
2015 X1 - retired
2020 X5 M50i - On Order
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year1of1 View Post
i emailed manhattan bmw b/c it was highly recommended to me. They jacked the price up on MSRP by 4gs and when i mentioned ppl were selling @ MSRP they stopped responding to my emails.

IMO NY dealers arent that great with customer service and responding to peoples needs

I agree with you. Ive also been looking at Nissan. Every Nissan dealer I e-mail I received a response that day from a sales person with a quote and all. Im going on 2 weeks with no response from atleast 4 BMW dealers. This kind of service is helping me decide which car to get fairly easily and its going to be the Nissan.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Year1of1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50

i'd personally look into some NJ/CT dealers if your interested in a BMW still. You'd be paying NY tax and stuff regardles of where u buy.
2015 X1 - retired
2020 X5 M50i - On Order
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

Quote:

Call the sales department at Wide World of cars and ask for Todd Bullock the manager i've worked with him in the past and he's a great guy... I'm 1st on the list there. Tell him Ryan sent you.

Or email him at Tbullock@newcountry.com
if you can't to him let me know as i have a contact at bmw darien ct also.

Rd
      02-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninWheels View Post
Call the sales department at Wide World of cars and ask for Todd Bullock the manager i've worked with him in the past and he's a great guy... I'm 1st on the list there. Tell him Ryan sent you.

Or email him at Tbullock@newcountry.com
if you can't to him let me know as i have a contact at bmw darien ct also.

Rd

Thanks for the info and help. I just sent him an e-mail. I was finally contacted by BMW of Mount Kisco yesterday with some info. They seemed to have got me a decent deal but I'm still going to try your friend. I would love to purchase a car from a dealer that is only 2min from my house. I see you work for some performance shop. May be a stupid question but do you do work on BMWs? When I get this car I plan on having fun with it and trying to find a good shop is tough.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep

sounds good. i dont know if he could help you with price if that's what your looking for but he's a good person to deal with.(and not just a salesman)

work on bmws? that is our specialty let me know if i can help in any way...

Rd.
      02-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

That is great to know. My first mods would probably be full cat-back exhaust and cold air intake depending on how the bmw sounds and how expensive the mods are if any good companies come out with them.
What kind of relatively inexpensive mods are possible for the 1 series if any at this early point?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #10
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep

Quote:
That is great to know. My first mods would probably be full cat-back exhaust and cold air intake depending on how the bmw sounds and how expensive the mods are if any good companies come out with them.
What kind of relatively inexpensive mods are possible for the 1 series if any at this early point?
As of right now... officially there isn't anything.... but we'll start to see mods very soon.