E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Anyone know anything about getting "dealer installed" options installed during PCD?

05-25-2006, 02:44 AM   #1
zz25
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 Landcruiser

Anyone know anything about getting "dealer installed" options installed during PCD?

I just ordered a e90 330i and will be picking it up in a couple of months in Spartanburg. I am planning on getting the iPod integrator (should be out by the time I get my car in mid-August), aluminum pedals, M-shift knob (already ordered it), compass rearview mirror with homelink (I didn't order ZPP. Only got ZSP and ZCW), alarm system, rubber floor mats, and the rear cargo-area mat. My CA said that they will install this stuff at the PDC at a slight discount. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would definitely be more convenient than going back to my dealer to get it done. Any information would be appreciated.
      05-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
DJHakim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i xDrive

Question diddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz25
I just ordered a e90 330i and will be picking it up in a couple of months in Spartanburg. I am planning on getting the iPod integrator (should be out by the time I get my car in mid-August), aluminum pedals, M-shift knob (already ordered it), compass rearview mirror with homelink (I didn't order ZPP. Only got ZSP and ZCW), alarm system, rubber floor mats, and the rear cargo-area mat. My CA said that they will install this stuff at the PDC at a slight discount. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would definitely be more convenient than going back to my dealer to get it done. Any information would be appreciated.
I have the same question. I PM'd someone at another forum about this. They had the alarm installed at the PC and their CA arranged it. PM me and I will direct you to the posts.

I need to know the labor rate at the PC! Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Any BMW Factory Accessories you can have installed at the Performance Center before taking delivery. If it ain't got the BMW name on it, they're not going to install it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
zz25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Any BMW Factory Accessories you can have installed at the Performance Center before taking delivery. If it ain't got the BMW name on it, they're not going to install it.
Any idea how long before your PCD date you have to give them the list of accessories you want installed? I am also looking for details like labor cost, any discounts off list price (I am a BMWCCA member), etc. Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks!
      05-29-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz25
Any idea how long before your PCD date you have to give them the list of accessories you want installed? I am also looking for details like labor cost, any discounts off list price (I am a BMWCCA member), etc. Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Your CA has to get your accessory order into the Performance Center at least 14 days (2 weeks) before delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #6
kevbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i, E46 M3 track car

This probably won't help much, but I'll mention it anyway...

I'm taking delivery at the Performance Center on 6/12 and went by the dealer on 5/26 to pay for the car. They "gave" me floor mats and wheel locks as part of the deal and I will apparently receive them at the Performance Center when I pick up the car. I received a receipt from my salesman showing that the dealer paid the Performance Center $102.50 for the mats, $17.18 for the wheel locks and $35 for labor to install the wheel locks! My guess is they operate just like any dealer's service center - a fixed hourly rate ($70/hr?) and the time depends on what the book says to charge. If I assume correctly, then you should be able to call your local dealer and ask what the book says to charge for installation. Good luck!
      05-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #7
zz25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbh
This probably won't help much, but I'll mention it anyway...

I'm taking delivery at the Performance Center on 6/12 and went by the dealer on 5/26 to pay for the car. They "gave" me floor mats and wheel locks as part of the deal and I will apparently receive them at the Performance Center when I pick up the car. I received a receipt from my salesman showing that the dealer paid the Performance Center $102.50 for the mats, $17.18 for the wheel locks and $35 for labor to install the wheel locks! My guess is they operate just like any dealer's service center - a fixed hourly rate ($70/hr?) and the time depends on what the book says to charge. If I assume correctly, then you should be able to call your local dealer and ask what the book says to charge for installation. Good luck!
Good luck with your pickup! I am two months behind you. I'll be taking my delivery in mid-August and will be getting a bunch of accessories installed. I'll post the results after getting my car. Thanks for all of the information.