F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > HELP! N20 F30 Fuel issues
GetBMWParts

12-17-2023, 11:29 PM   #1
Royal_Lowness34
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

HELP! N20 F30 Fuel issues

Good evening,

Hope all is well! Having issues trying to figure out wtheck is going on with my daily, car is a 2014 F30 320i 6sp with 57k miles, bought it brand new and never had an issue besides a stuck open thermostat that was fixed under warranty. Car has always been meticulously cared for and fuel treatment added every 5k miles or so. One day was headed out to visit family so decided to fuel up and it was time to add some more fuel treatment as I was gonna change my oil in the following days. Usually I use the Techron treatment that chevron makes or Lucas but this time I used an STP one. Filled up on fuel and went on my way, drove about 35miles and the car randomly went into limp mode and drivetrain malfunction came up, car had to be towed back home. Car will start run for about a min then die out then “drivetrain malfunction” will pop up on iDrive again, it will turn over but refuse to run, scanned the car and got a bunch of codes for injectors and fuel rail pressure sensor, figured the fuel pump or injectors failed, replaced low pressure fuel pump with new oem bosch unit and replaced HPFP with a known working unit, replaced fuel rail pressure sensor with new oem Bosch one, cleared codes, started the car, ran for about a min then same issue. I then looked into the injectors found out that two weren’t working at all and two were leaking badly, all four had heavy carbon build up, car had eu6 injectors, so ordered all four oem Bosch injectors, installed them, coded them, cleared codes, added a bunch of fresh fuel, started the car ran for 2 mins and boom same issue again, will turn over and turn over but won’t start or run. I’ve checked wiring, grounds and fuses, even removed the fuel injector/coil harness to check all the wiring and all looks perfectly fine, truly confused on wtf is going on, any help will be greatly appreciated, will attach images of DTCs to this thread, again thank you for any help!
Attached Images

Last edited by Royal_Lowness34; 12-18-2023 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
Royal_Lowness34
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

🧍🏽*♂️
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 11:59 AM   #3
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Weirdness with electronics makes me think of a few things:

1) Mice chewing the wires;

2) Bad grounding from the motor to the chassis;

3) Failing battery.

I'd put a small amount of money on #2. Oh, and just because the ground connections seem tight under the bolt, it doesn't necessarily follow that the ground strap actually passes current. You may guess how I know.
Appreciate 0