BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35 Coupe

Just ordered my 135i

Hi Everyone,

I got a call from my dealer this morning to go down and spec my car. Has anyone else in Canada ordered yet? He said it will be a
February production with delivery in late April, early May. Still no word on pricing though. Hopefully it will be reasonable!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
ronsil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermotard View Post
Hi Everyone,

I got a call from my dealer this morning to go down and spec my car. Has anyone else in Canada ordered yet? He said it will be a
February production with delivery in late April, early May. Still no word on pricing though. Hopefully it will be reasonable!
Congrats! I put down a deposit for a late June delivery. So could you still bail out if the price is release say next month and its not what you like?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermotard View Post
Hi Everyone,

Ok can you please explain this to me.. you said you placed your order.. whats the prices of the options.. if you dont know that the order is not placed.. its more like you put a deposti down for a spot on the production list and thats about it. The price is supposed to be released end of Jan or beginning of Feb.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
benchmark2020
Private
Rep
Drives:

Hey Hypermotard, I'm also in Vancouver and I'm wondering where you ordered your 1'er. I haven't heard anything from my dealer about when we can order nor pricing.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #6
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Ok can you please explain this to me.. you said you placed your order.. whats the prices of the options.. if you dont know that the order is not placed.. its more like you put a deposti down for a spot on the production list and thats about it. The price is supposed to be released end of Jan or beginning of Feb.
I put down a deposit back in October for a spot at my dealership. They called me yesterday and told me that they are ordering the cars and need me to choose my options. You are right in that I don't know the price of the options but that does not mean my order was not placed. It just means I'll find out later when it is released. I always had my spot, now they've ordered the car the way I want it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsil View Post
Congrats! I put down a deposit for a late June delivery. So could you still bail out if the price is release say next month and its not what you like?
I can always bail out if I want to but I doubt if I will. As long as you option the car out nicely, they will have no problems selling it if you don't want it. I ended up ordering a 6MT Alpine White w/ Coral Red, Premium package, Comfort package, Sport package and USB audio intergration.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loun80 View Post
Hey Hypermotard, I'm also in Vancouver and I'm wondering where you ordered your 1'er. I haven't heard anything from my dealer about when we can order nor pricing.
Hi loun80,

I ordered my car from Brian Jessel. Who's your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 03:03 AM   #9
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Congrats!!!
Thanks Road Runner!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well I went to see my dealer yesterday, to set up for Mar. production, and April delivery...when he dropped a bomb...

Apparently they have an allocation for Feb (delivery in march) and it's mine if I want it...only that means ordering without the pricing...still trying to figure out what to do, I have till tomorrow to decide...:iono:
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
benchmark2020
Private
Rep
Drives:

Hey Hypermotard, my dealer is AutoWest. I will call them today to find out WTF is going on!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #12
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hey Hypermotard, my dealer is AutoWest. I will call them today to find out WTF is going on!
I've had bad experiences at Autowest before so now I only deal with BJ or North Shore.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #13
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
Well I went to see my dealer yesterday, to set up for Mar. production, and April delivery...when he dropped a bomb...

Apparently they have an allocation for Feb (delivery in march) and it's mine if I want it...only that means ordering without the pricing...still trying to figure out what to do, I have till tomorrow to decide...:iono:
The decision was pretty easy for me because there is nothing else in this price range that I want except maybe the Dodge Challenger but with the price of gas the way it is, I think I'll pass plus the manual won't be out for a while. I have a feeling the 135i will be similar in price to a base 328i but I hope I'm wrong. Good luck with your decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Just ordered mine as well!

135 coupe
-M Sport Pkg
-Le Mans Blue
-Glacier Alum trim
-Comfort Access
-Sunroof
-Premium Audio (I was a little iffy on this, still am, but it has the USB integration and shows the song info, for the $10/mo more I figured I would regret not giving it a chance)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
benchmark2020
Private
Rep
Drives:

Road Runner, since you've ordered 'Premium Audio', I'd like to ask:
What is the difference between these two?

- HiFi sound system with 10 speakers, including 2 subwoofers (as indicated as Standard Equipment) + 6FL (USB Integration)

and

- Premium Sound Pacakge
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
tokion
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

that's awesome, I wanted to order the 1 series for my self too~but i already have the 335 coupe.

any body want to volunteer we need a car to make parts (CF lip, spoiler, body kit, etc)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Road Runner, since you've ordered 'Premium Audio', I'd like to ask:
What is the difference between these two?

- HiFi sound system with 10 speakers, including 2 subwoofers (as indicated as Standard Equipment) + 6FL (USB Integration)

and

- Premium Sound Pacakge
Standard Package; Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with 10 speakers, Radio Data System (RDS), Auto-Store and 3-channel FM diversity antenna

Premium Package is same as above with upgraded speakers, USB integration, digital sound processing, and displays track name and artist.

I don't consider myself an audiophile or anything, but I do like to spend a little extra on sound (ie; the first thing i did when I got my new ipod was get rid of the headphones and got some Sennheisers). And I only expect the sound to be marginally better as OEM systems are only so good. But I figured if I was getting the usb integrationa already I may as well get the premium audio pkg.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Anyone on here have a production # or logged onto Owner's Circle in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Anyone on here have a production # or logged onto Owner's Circle in Canada?
I should get my # today/tomorrow...but at the dealer they were saying that in Canada you can't track it like in the states, but I can phone them updates, as they can check it.

However they did mention they had one guy that managed to track the exact ship it was, to which train, to the specific rail car, all the way to dealership, after it was done production.

I was going to try checking as soon as they call me with the number.:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #20
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
I should get my # today/tomorrow...but at the dealer they were saying that in Canada you can't track it like in the states, but I can phone them updates, as they can check it.

However they did mention they had one guy that managed to track the exact ship it was, to which train, to the specific rail car, all the way to dealership, after it was done production.

I was going to try checking as soon as they call me with the number.:biggrin:
Got my # today too. It sucks that we can't track it like they can in the states, but since they'll be holding them all till the release date I suppose we'll all get them at the same time anyways.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Got my # today too. It sucks that we can't track it like they can in the states, but since they'll be holding them all till the release date I suppose we'll all get them at the same time anyways.
possibly, keep in mind our's will be on a different boat, it comes in at Halifax. :wink:

and yeah the no tracking sucks...I tried using my number on the USA owner's circle, but of course it didn't work:biggrin:

I think once we have vin #'s though that you can track the shipping.
Appreciate 0