E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2010 n43 e90 missfires 2,5k-3k rpm

11-23-2023, 11:28 AM   #1
psichedel
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320i 2010

Smile 2010 n43 e90 missfires 2,5k-3k rpm

I have this car for a year and didn't had no problems with it. Did maintainance on time and I always listen/look for weird stuff. Car is 250k km.

One day I was trying to get the hang of some rattle that comes when engine is not warmed up ~1800rpm - 3000rpm. I warmed the car, did some overtakes, then felt some hesitations followed by engine check and engine shake. Stopped the car immediately, turned it off. Start, engine shake a bit, 2 bleeps of engine check and car went back into parameters. I tought I was just too aggressive with her so I moved on.

2 weeks later, I start the car to go shopping, accelerate, 2,5k rpm and again it stutters then engine check on & vibration. Stop & start, it clears and I move on.

I visit a service, missfire cylinder 2 & 3. They change sparkplugs & coils. Get the car, take it for a drive, try to keep it at 2,5k rpm - 3k rpm and again missfire. White smoke comes out the back, and I smell petrol.

At this point, I'm stuck in a city in the middle of nowhere, with no mechanic that can fix this. Weird, I know but I've visited a lot of shops these days and they all don't have a clue. The only BMW guy someone recommended to me is very sketchy, operates in a sort of barn (clearly unlicensed) and I noticed him and his apprentice looked kinda drunk when I spoke to them. Even though he recommended I do a compression test before switching injectors. Which is quite a good idea but I really don't trust him because of the details I mentioned.

I noticed fuel consumption went up significantly 14L/100km (usually sits at 7.8 - 8.5)

I'm 300km away from a big city where I have a dedicated BMW service that could have a look at it. If I drive <2k rpm it's okey but I'm afraid to not do any damage to it.

Could it be injectors? Could it be mechanical (that rattle)? or more?

Is it safe to drive 300km on low rpm and big consumption?

I really don't know what to do. I'm already stuck here for more than 2 weeks past what I planned but I also don't wanna do something crazy that might damage my car. Please BMW gods, help me
Appreciate 0