F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Ps2 EWG Time To Upgrade
ARMA SPEED

11-01-2023, 04:58 PM   #1
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 2016

N55 Ps2 EWG Time To Upgrade

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone is fine.

So have been pushing 435whp@18psi on 93 octane for months now.
The fun has begun to fade now.
Looking for some more power to reach atleast 600whp. Stock internals would be fine for now.

Current Mods
Pure stage 2
DV upgrade
AEM.WMI injection kit
Phonix intake manifold with 750cc injectors
Catless downpipes
Resonator delete

Planning to run E85 now.

There are plenty of options which can be upgraded but here are few i searched. Any additional info would be appreciated.

1 bm3 flex fuel kit
2 lpfp upgrade
3 lift kit Dorsch
4 HPFP upgrade
Etc Etc
And the list goes on.

I have a AIC port injection system laying around but never used it. Will it be of any help?

Can someone point me in the right direction.

I talked to my fabricator to make bigger exhaust manifold attached with my PS2 and he says it can be done. It would be like attaching a pure750 manifold to ps2.turbo. i have read many people complaing about the restrictiion of the ps2 manifold. Is it worth it?

Waiting for your suggestions.
Regards.

Last edited by Zinia; 11-01-2023 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 03:41 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Turbo - PS2 probably wont reach 600whp. Not sure how much difference the manifold will make, but that's quite high for a PS2.

Fuel - if you already did a PI setup and meth, you should be able to just upgrade LPFP and run PI for the extra fueling. You could throw in upgraded HPFP and lift kit, but it seems a bit redundant if you already have the intake manifold, injector, fuel rails, meth, etc. With that much LPFP demand, you will likely need EKP upgrade as well. Otherwise if you go full DI, the PI setup will be wasted.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 10:48 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Before making any purchase, I recommend you talk to your tuner. You will need a custom map.

they will give you a few options on what to buy and how much power to expect

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 11:01 AM   #4
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Mike. I am your very old customer. Started purchasing bms intake all the way upto pure stage 2.

Somebody help me with this project.
I emailed almost all of the top 5 tuners.
No body is guiding me properly. I have the AIC6 port injection but all of them are saying to buy a motiv or mhd can or something xyz. Why would i waste more money?
Got the 750cc injevtors from Xph buy one of them is saying to put EU5 injectors.

Feeling sad
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinia View Post
Hi Mike. I am your very old customer. Started purchasing bms intake all the way upto pure stage 2.

Somebody help me with this project.
I emailed almost all of the top 5 tuners.
No body is guiding me properly. I have the AIC6 port injection but all of them are saying to buy a motiv or mhd can or something xyz. Why would i waste more money?
Got the 750cc injevtors from Xph buy one of them is saying to put EU5 injectors.

Feeling sad
They are probably telling you to ditch the AIC6 port injection and go full DI since that has advanced significantly recently and is now a viable option and much easier to tune. IF you want to go full DI you can follow -Eidos build
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #6
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
They are probably telling you to ditch the AIC6 port injection and go full DI since that has advanced significantly recently and is now a viable option and much easier to tune. IF you want to go full DI you can follow -Eidos build
I will build up the car slowly but first i want to see the output of the car. I dont want to waste money.

What mods you running bro?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 07:59 PM   #7
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I will build up the car slowly but first i want to see the output of the car. I dont want to waste money.

I am stock turbo, so my mods wont help you. IC+CP+TIC+turbo inlet+mppk box with filter

You need to look at one of the few people who are achieving high 500s to 600whp range.

You may have wasted money if you dont pursue a PI setup, since you already bought the intake manifold and injectors for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #8
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:

It seems like you're on a budget so because you already have the PI manifold and injectors, I would repurpose that for E85.

The AIC controller you have is outdated. No tuner worth their beans would want to tune with that controller over something like Motiv Reflex that easily integrates with the main tuning platforms for N55s. I would sell the AIC and purchase a Motiv Reflex. Also purchase a low pressure fuel sensor, flex fuel sensor, upgraded LPFP, and EKP to support the LPFPs.

Power wise, like what thejeremyman9 mentioned, the PS2 will not get you over the 600WHP goal you want. It could get you close to 570-580whp on E85 at max effort. Maybe you should try to see what that feels like before changing the turbo setup and incurring more cost (moving up to something like the Pure 750). That said, if it's within your budget and you're dead set on 600+whp then you need to upgrade the turbo.

Really my main recommendation to you is to not cheap out on the fueling system, which includes the pumps (LPFP) and control (Motiv Reflex and upgraded EKP). A lot of builds live and die by the fueling upgrades (or lack thereof).
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 10:21 AM   #9
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
It seems like you're on a budget so because you already have the PI manifold and injectors, I would repurpose that for E85.

The AIC controller you have is outdated. No tuner worth their beans would want to tune with that controller over something like Motiv Reflex that easily integrates with the main tuning platforms for N55s. I would sell the AIC and purchase a Motiv Reflex. Also purchase a low pressure fuel sensor, flex fuel sensor, upgraded LPFP, and EKP to support the LPFPs.

Power wise, like what thejeremyman9 mentioned, the PS2 will not get you over the 600WHP goal you want. It could get you close to 570-580whp on E85 at max effort. Maybe you should try to see what that feels like before changing the turbo setup and incurring more cost (moving up to something like the Pure 750). That said, if it's within your budget and you're dead set on 600+whp then you need to upgrade the turbo.

Really my main recommendation to you is to not cheap out on the fueling system, which includes the pumps (LPFP) and control (Motiv Reflex and upgraded EKP). A lot of builds live and die by the fueling upgrades (or lack thereof).

Thank you for your detailed reply.
I have 3000 usd currently.
In which order should i buy the hardware?

If i sell the ps2 for say like 1000 usd.
So total is 4000usd all i have.
Thank you once again.

Last edited by Zinia; 11-04-2023 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 07:40 PM   #10
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Thank you for your detailed reply.
I have 3000 usd currently.
In which order should i buy the hardware?

If i sell the ps2 for say like 1000 usd.
So total is 4000usd all i have.
Thank you once again.
eidios is right, with your budget...get a better/newer port injection controller and stage 3 lpfp plus controller. Max out the ps2 then save for a bigger turbo

you have access to ethanol right?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 08:54 PM   #11
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
eidios is right, with your budget...get a better/newer port injection controller and stage 3 lpfp plus controller. Max out the ps2 then save for a bigger turbo

you have access to ethanol right?
Yes i do sir.
I have a question. If race fuel is available upto 120 octane than why do people go the E85 way? I have read good reviews about boostane, Race gas ultra etc. Wht not use the octane boosters?

I thought the lpfp would work straight out of the box with a tune. That means a newer controller is necessary. The BM3 has options to check for what type of HPFP are you running. Than why is a controller required. Maybe we can go DI only. Upgraded lpfp/hpfp and a tune on top?
Kindly guide
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 10:29 PM   #12
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Yes i do sir.
I have a question. If race fuel is available upto 120 octane than why do people go the E85 way? I have read good reviews about boostane, Race gas ultra etc. Wht not use the octane boosters?

I thought the lpfp would work straight out of the box with a tune. That means a newer controller is necessary. The BM3 has options to check for what type of HPFP are you running. Than why is a controller required. Maybe we can go DI only. Upgraded lpfp/hpfp and a tune on top?
Kindly guide
Race fuel in the states is close to three times more expensive than E85 is the main reason.

Octane boosters tend to leave residue that isn't desirable, especially if coats your O2 sensors.

LPFP will work straight out of the box. You will need a tune to control the injectors for your port injection.

Yes DI only is a nice and clean route. It's also out of your budget if you decide to upgrade your LPFP, EKP, injectors, HPFP and Lift Kit, as well as the labor to install all of those and also the flex fuel kit. If you can make it work then it's certainly a desirable route.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 05:44 AM   #13
Zinia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok i have a plan

Lets start with
Lpfp 2.5v2
Big boost 3.4
Till than i will use the AIC split second or use upto E30.

Later after when i save some money we can go for hpfp wih lift kit. Lastly we can add the reflex plus kit to take over all the control of WMI, flex fuel . Port injection etc.

Seems good?
Appreciate 0