F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MHD Flashing issues - Need Help
Studio RSR

10-19-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i F32

MHD Flashing issues - Need Help

So i have gone to flash MHD Stage 1 today but having some issues that have made me not want to risk a flash.

I hooked a 10amp charger up to the bonnet, got inside the car, but when i go to flash a map my daytime running lights come on. I'm using an enet cable connected to an android tablet and read that it can take some time for the first write, and given that my battery charger is only 10amp i didnt want to risk it with the day time lights on. It also says in the user guide close all windows and doors etc, is it fine to have the bonnet open with the bonnet open warning on my dashboard?
For some reason i also have a park assist error when bonnet is open and connected to the battery, is this going to cause any issues when flashing?

Many Thanks in advance

Edit: went ahead with it and all was ok, for anyone else considering it flash took probably about 8 mins and battery was showing 11.7v after flash.

Last edited by thedarthluda; 10-19-2023 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 11:35 AM   #2
ScottyCrypto
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 F32 White

Nerve wracking...

Yeah my first flash was via the Kies Wifi ENET with MHD and it was very nerve wracking waiting and seeing all the lights flash on/off.

How are you liking it so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 12:02 PM   #3
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyCrypto View Post
Yeah my first flash was via the Kies Wifi ENET with MHD and it was very nerve wracking waiting and seeing all the lights flash on/off.

How are you liking it so far?
i read people saying there isnt much difference between MPPSK and stage 1, but i was stuck in traffic and could definitely feel a difference, the car was pulling harder and hear the turbo more. Will go out for another drive tonight and do some logs when the traffic dies down.
Appreciate 0