BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Lay off the crack BMW, you just priced yourself into C55, C6, CLK55, and GT500 ranges

I know BMW is not aware of this, so I thought I would inform them.

BMW, the joke with the 135i pricing needs to stop. You had us all there for a sec before we realized a barely used C6 corvette, and C55 AMG as well as a CLK55 AMG all sell for the same price the 135i is starting at (around 37k). That's with options on those cars, let's remember you need to push another 2k into the 135 to even get it in a good color. What's that? Your car has a big engine, well.. your HP ratings are irrelevant, Ford GT500's which put down well over 600hp with just an intake and post top 20 lap times around Nurburgring with $1000 worth of suspension work (faster than an m5), sell new for 41k at MSRP. I think being very fast all around and having 600 hp is better than a the Proceed 135i.

Taking all of this into account especially the new competition bracket, can a sane car manufacturer really put out a 135i at this price?

To elaborate on the sick precedent here the 135i is the ONLY car BMW sells, where a lower model actually out prices a higher model in a class, in fact the lower model doesn't even slightly out price the higher model, it SIGNIFICANTLY out prices it (3 series). In fact you could buy a a 3 series coupe for the price of a 1er. Cool.

Now we know because something so audacious has never been done in BMW history, that this can't be real, so BMW please come out with the reality check.
Appreciate 0