BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
n54_335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Z4coupe or 135i

I dont know to much about the Z4 coupe, but there is one at my local dealer for a great price and fully loaded.(not the M though).

I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them and what they thought.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Totally different classes of cars, you can't cross shop the Z4 against a 1er. Just stay away from the Z4, its too hard to move a 2 seat roadster when you want out of it...you'll take a bigger hit in price, and it will take longer to move (that's also why the dealer wants to give you one). Hell, these days some companies don't even want to compete in the 2 door coupe market (like Toyota, they are withdrawing their Solara by the way). I find it strange that a startling amount of people wouldn't touch a coupe, that's why car companies are forced to produce abominations like a 4 door M3...there's no reason that should ever exist, but there's too many middle managers who think they are race drivers in the day, then they have to pack the wife and kids around after hours. Back to your original question though, the math is simple...Roadster=bad idea.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
Bourbon
Member?
Rep
Drives:

What he said. And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
... That's why car companies are forced to produce abominations like a 4 door M3...
Right on.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
n54_335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Totally different classes of cars, you can't cross shop the Z4 against a 1er. Just stay away from the Z4, its too hard to move a 2 seat roadster when you want out of it...you'll take a bigger hit in price, and it will take longer to move (that's also why the dealer wants to give you one). Hell, these days some companies don't even want to compete in the 2 door coupe market (like Toyota, they are withdrawing their Solara by the way). I find it strange that a startling amount of people wouldn't touch a coupe, that's why car companies are forced to produce abominations like a 4 door M3...there's no reason that should ever exist, but there's too many middle managers who think they are race drivers in the day, then they have to pack the wife and kids around after hours. Back to your original question though, the math is simple...Roadster=bad idea.
]

lol ok sounds good, thanks for the info.:thumbup:
Appreciate 0