F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bmw 330i zf8
Extreme Powerhouse

09-16-2023, 06:27 PM   #1
mazapex
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I

Bmw 330i zf8

I've had the 3 series for around 2 months now. I've noticed on one ocassion when flooring it that the car shifts for you but on another ocassion when i floored it the car didnt and was redlining until I had to shift up using the paddles.

What was the thing that made it do this? I could've sworn both times I was in sports mode and manual mode?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 11:09 AM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
If you’re in manual mode the car expects you to do the shifting and it will wait for you to do that.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

09-20-2023, 11:27 AM   #3
BavarianBanterBus
Rep
Drives: 440i GC M Sport MPPSK

Depends if you were in Sport or Sport+ with the manual engaged.

In Sport+ it’s all on you - it won’t shift for you.

In Sport mode it will take over and shift up or down.

I’d assume you were in Sport+ when it didn’t shift up, as I’ve done it on a few occasions, really annoying but no harm according to my main dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 12:59 PM   #4
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBanterBus View Post
Depends if you were in Sport or Sport+ with the manual engaged.

In Sport+ it’s all on you - it won’t shift for you.

In Sport mode it will take over and shift up or down.

I’d assume you were in Sport+ when it didn’t shift up, as I’ve done it on a few occasions, really annoying but no harm according to my main dealer.
This is really peculiar. When my car is in Sport+ mode and manual mode it will up shift and down shift for me within like 4 seconds or so if I don't manually shift within that time frame. Even if I put the shifter to the left and put the transmission in sport mode same result. I always thought this was normal behavior but apparently not.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 03:26 PM   #5
BavarianBanterBus
Rep
Drives: 440i GC M Sport MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
This is really peculiar. When my car is in Sport+ mode and manual mode it will up shift and down shift for me within like 4 seconds or so if I don't manually shift within that time frame. Even if I put the shifter to the left and put the transmission in sport mode same result. I always thought this was normal behavior but apparently not.
Manual mode engages once you start flicking the paddle shifters - same for all driving modes. So, if you switch to Sport+/manual, it will remain in auto until you start shifting with the paddles - then control is over to you as you’re in full manual mode. Flick it over to D to hand control back.

Sport+ disables the automatic up shift.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBanterBus View Post
Manual mode engages once you start flicking the paddle shifters - same for all driving modes. So, if you switch to Sport+/manual, it will remain in auto until you start shifting with the paddles - then control is over to you as you’re in full manual mode. Flick it over to D to hand control back.

Sport+ disables the automatic up shift.
Yeah I forgot to mention it auto shifts up/down in Sport+ after I've shifted manually with the paddle shifters. In Sport+ even if I don't shift with paddle shifters it will still auto up/down shift.
Appreciate 0