BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2023, 07:54 PM   #1
phillipeino
Rep
Drives: BMW F96, BMW F30

Which Pirelli PZero PZ4?

I'm changing out my wheels to aftermarket 22" wheels front and rear, so I'm looking for tires. Michelin doesn't have the Pilot Sport 4S in the size I need for the fronts(295/30/22) so now I'm looking at the Pirelli PZero PZ4.

Why on Tirerack.com are there 3 different versions of the PZ4? Which one should I get?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

The 1st is the old version. The 2/3 are the newest pattern. I would say go with the 2nd but the 3rd looks the same but cheaper! I guess check with tire rack. I am confused as well!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 05:08 PM   #3
phillipeino
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
The 1st is the old version. The 2/3 are the newest pattern. I would say go with the 2nd but the 3rd looks the same but cheaper! I guess check with tire rack. I am confused as well!
Thanks for this! I was actually looking at the first one because of the "sport" designation(the other 2 say "luxury"). But now you got me thinking.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 06:59 PM   #4
zztops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (N26) F30 M SPORT

I just went through this 2 months ago. You want the Alpina fronts and the BMW star sport rears (what I did). The tread patterns match. Difference between the luxury and sport is sidewall (luxuries have a thicker more pronounced sidewall), speed rating and tread wear. The sports wear quicker. But the fronts and rears will match in both sidewall and higher speed rating (luxuries are R rated. Sports are ZR).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 10:02 PM   #5
phillipeino
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztops View Post
I just went through this 2 months ago. You want the Alpina fronts and the BMW star sport rears (what I did). The tread patterns match. Difference between the luxury and sport is sidewall (luxuries have a thicker more pronounced sidewall), speed rating and tread wear. The sports wear quicker. But the fronts and rears will match in both sidewall and higher speed rating (luxuries are R rated. Sports are ZR).
Thank you foe the insight here, really clears things up for me.

Got any more pics of your F95? Also, what are your rim specs? Thanks
Appreciate 0