BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-12-2023, 03:11 PM   #1
cheesefish
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01)

X3 G01 coding help

Hi,

First post here, and sorry if this is answered already.

I have a 19 plate X3 G01 running software NBT_evoP. I had CarPlay from new but it is split screen and I'm looking to make it full screen. I have found conflicting information.
  • bimmer-remote who say NBT_evoP is fine with an ENET cable.
  • BimmerCode who say NBT_evoX or Y is required so my software will not work
What's the deal? Do I need to update the software first? If so how can I do this? I'd also like to make some other changes like "Close tailgate with the remote control without long press", is this only available in the BimmerCode app?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 02:07 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

NBT_evoX and above can be coded using bimmercode. The rest needs to be patch to fullscreen, not possible with bimmercode.
If you are interested i can update the headunit to latest firmware and you should be able to code it using bimmercode.
For tailgate coding you can do it using bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 02:41 AM   #3
cheesefish
Rep

Thanks for the offer, that would be great. How do we do that?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 02:59 AM   #4
cheesefish
Rep

So one method is "feature installer" (bimmer-remote) and the other "coding" (bimmercode if running X or later). Are there advantages/disadvantages of one or the other?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 03:14 AM   #5
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesefish View Post
Thanks for the offer, that would be great. How do we do that?
I will send you required files and flash the unit using esys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesefish View Post
So one method is "feature installer" (bimmer-remote) and the other "coding" (bimmercode if running X or later). Are there advantages/disadvantages of one or the other?
Its will work the same, nothing different.
Using feature installer requires to have a windows laptop and enet cable, then someone can generate the code for you and use it to patch fullscreen.
Bimmercode, you can use any coding adapter to code it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 07:28 AM   #6
cheesefish
Rep

I think I’d prefer the software update so I am free to use BimmerCode. It feels more sustainable and less hacky that way.

Is the update you can do safe? And how much would it cost? I haven’t even spoken to BMW about doing it (I’m in the UK) but I can’t imagine it being easy to persuade them, then considering price and time.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 01:03 PM   #7
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

The update is safe, you should have a car battery charger to keep voltage stable throughout the update.
If the car is under warranty you can try tell them to update the headunit. If they cant then I can help you out.
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4031.50
      12-22-2023, 04:03 AM   #8
MrColl
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Hello everyone. I really need some help. I was using Bimmercodes to deactivate the auto start/stop option using bimmercodes but now I’m getting a red dot on the ECU section and it says invalid data. The car doesn’t start :bs: . I tried to recover using backups but it fails every time. I heard using Esys I could rest to factory setting but I’m new at it and have no idea how to do it. Could any want walk me through the steps how to perform the ECU rest please.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:00 AM   #9
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrColl View Post
Hello everyone. I really need some help. I was using Bimmercodes to deactivate the auto start/stop option using bimmercodes but now I’m getting a red dot on the ECU section and it says invalid data. The car doesn’t start :bs: . I tried to recover using backups but it fails every time. I heard using Esys I could rest to factory setting but I’m new at it and have no idea how to do it. Could any want walk me through the steps how to perform the ECU rest please.
Do you have ENET cable? Esys needs ENET cable to work
Use these steps to inject cafd using esys.
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (ECU)=> Left-Click on KOMBI => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom) => Select OK => Right-Click on KOMBI (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:34 AM   #10
MrColl
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Do you have ENET cable? Esys needs ENET cable to work
Use these steps to inject cafd using esys.
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (ECU)=> Left-Click on KOMBI => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom) => Select OK => Right-Click on KOMBI (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
I do. I bought an ENET OBD2 RJ45 cable. I’ll give it a try. Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 06:44 AM   #11
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Good luck. I can help you if you need any assistance
Appreciate 0