BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2024 X7 Anti-Theft

07-19-2023, 01:29 PM   #1
h2ogreggy
Greg M.
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 / 2024 X7

2024 X7 Anti-Theft

Does anyone have experience with the 2024 X7 40i anti-theft system? I am having trouble locating details about it, such as how it works, what features it offers, will it alert remotely, and is there an upgrade to the standard system? I have a build in progress and will be parking outside for several months after delivery and am wondering if I need to start searching for better aftermarket alarm or is the BMW anti-theft adequate? TIA
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Anti-theft alarm system and sirens with tilt-alarm sensor

The anti-theft alarm system detects and indicates attempted intrusions and manipulation on the vehicle.

The alarm system software has been integrated into the roof function centre (FZD). The ultrasonic interior movement detector is also located in the FZD.

The ultrasonic interior movement detector monitors the vehicle interior.

Any attempt to break into the vehicle and enter the passenger compartment triggers the alarm system. The DWA alarm is acoustic and visual (country-dependent encoding).

The tilt sensor (integrated in the emergency power siren) monitor's the vehicle's angle of inclination. The tilt alarm sensor detects whether the vehicle is lifted or towed.

Brief component description

Descriptions are provided for the following alarm system components:
Roof function centre (FZD) with ultrasonic interior movement detector

The alarm system monitors the contacts on the doors, the tailgate and the engine compartment lid as well as the status of the tilt sensor and the interior monitoring.

The anti-theft alarm system consists of the ultrasonic interior movement detector (USIS) with ultrasonic interior sensors and the siren with tilt alarm sensor. The siren with tilt alarm sensor is connected via the LIN bus with the FZD control unit.

The ultrasonic interior movement detector is an ultrasonic interior sensor that detects movement in the vehicle interior and reports it to the FZD. The ultrasonic interior movement detector consists of two transmitters and one receiver.

The software of the alarm system is integrated in the FZD control unit. This means the FZD control unit controls anti-theft alarm system.

Index Explanation
1 Roof function centre (FZD)
2 Ultrasonic interior movement detector (2 transmitters)
3 Ultrasonic interior movement detector (1 receiver)
4 18‐pin plug connection
5 10‐pin plug connection
6 4‐pin plug connection
7 4‐pin plug connection

Index Explanation
2 Sliding/tilting sunroof switch
3 Ultrasonic interior movement detector
4 Ultrasonic interior movement detector
5 10‐pin plug connection
6 two‐pin plug connection
7 10‐pin plug connection

Index Explanation
2 Sliding/tilting sunroof switch
3 Ultrasonic interior movement detector
4 Ultrasonic interior movement detector
5 10‐pin plug connection
6 two‐pin plug connection
7 10‐pin plug connection

The installation location of the emergency power siren depends on the series. Observe diagnosis!

An internal microcontroller controls the siren and tilt sensor functions.

The siren has an internal voltage supply (batteries) and also monitors the voltage supply from the vehicle battery. As a result an acoustic alarm can be emitted if the supply line to the siren is tampered with. The siren also monitors the Local Controller Area Network (local interconnect network bus). The siren also triggers the alarm if this line is cut.

As the siren functions independently of the vehicle battery, is contains its own batteries (emergency power siren). The batteries are not rechargeable (service life at least 10 years or 300 autonomous alarm activations). The siren has a speaker with a frequency range of 1900 to 2800 hertz (Hz).

If the battery continuously discharges and as a result the vehicle voltage drops by 0.5 volts/hour to 3 volts (e. g. long immobilisation period of the vehicle), the siren does not trigger the alarm.

If the siren is in a deactivated mode and has no external voltage supply, the internal batteries are switched to minimum power consumption. The power consumption in this instance does not exceed 25 microamperes. When the vehicle battery is reconnected, the siren returns to normal levels of power consumption.

The siren detects a polarity reversal in the event of an external start and saves this in its information memory. The information memory, just like the alarm memory, can be read using the diagnosis system.

The tilt sensor monitors the horizontal position of the vehicle (tilt monitoring of the vehicle in longitudinal direction and transverse direction). The tilt sensor signal is evaluated in the siren by the microcontroller. If the tilt sensor detects a change in the vehicle inclination, a signal is sent to the roof function centre (FZD). The roof function centre (FZD) then triggers a DWA alarm. This detects the vehicle being raised, for example to steal the wheels or tow the vehicle away.

The vehicle parked position is stored using the current longitudinal angle and transverse angle. The tilt sensor regularly checks the new longitudinal and transverse angles. If the alarm threshold is exceeded, a message is sent to the FZD control unit. After a first alarm, the alarm threshold is lowered, which leads to a more rapid second alarm activation.

The tilt sensor algorithm is designed to prevent a false alarm even if the vehicle is rocked quite strongly.

Index Explanation

1 Siren with tilt alarm sensor
2 three‐pin plug connection

Bonnet contact switch

The anti-theft alarm system relies on the bonnet's contact switch (engine compartment lid contact switch) to monitor the status of the bonnet (open or closed).

If the engine compartment lid is closed, then the contact in the engine compartment lid contact switch is open. If the engine compartment lid is opened, the state of the engine compartment lid contact switch changes (contact closed). The engine compartment lid contact switch is connected to the Body Domain Controller (BDC). The status of the engine compartment lid contact switch is evaluated by the BDC control unit. The BDC control unit sends the status report as a K-CAN2 message to the roof function centre (FZD).

The Body Domain Controller (BDC) considers engine compartment lid contact switches that have not been connected to be closed. The BDC control unit receives a low signal if the bonnet is closed.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
chaicc15.00
      07-19-2023, 08:56 PM   #3
crackerjack15
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Body tilt alarm works. I jacked mine up with the doors locked and the alarm went off.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 09:19 AM   #4
h2ogreggy
Greg M.
Rep

Awesome! Thank you. Do you know if a remote alert is sent to the connected phone app to alert the owner if out of audible range?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 10:10 AM   #5
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ogreggy View Post
Awesome! Thank you. Do you know if a remote alert is sent to the connected phone app to alert the owner if out of audible range?
i get an app alert and the car records the video around the car that you can download and view on the app
Attached Images

Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 02:23 PM   #6
h2ogreggy
Greg M.
Rep

Very cool. Thanks!
Appreciate 0