BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
DTC
Rep
Drives:

Only BMW 2-series coupe ever caught in photos?

I love small coupe lines like this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
Galligan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Yea only real photo I've ever seen of the coupe. Wonder why nobody ever spotted it again.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

There was some speculation that this photo might actually be a photoshop. ALot of people believed it was, because the car was never seen again. But maybee BMW are trying extra hard to keep the car secret, which they do well if they want to (z3 coupe, z4 coupe for example). Unfortunatly from our vantage point, its hard to say,..........
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfreak
There was some speculation that this photo might actually be a photoshop. ALot of people believed it was, because the car was never seen again. But maybee BMW are trying extra hard to keep the car secret, which they do well if they want to (z3 coupe, z4 coupe for example). Unfortunatly from our vantage point, its hard to say,..........
Good point. Basically if I remember correctly we didn't really see spyshots of those cars until shortly prior to debut. Lets hope thats the case with the 2er coupe. I think most would at least like to see some spyshots of it since the inference might be that means the car is somewhat close to announcement at least.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Garage List
2001 Ducati 750 Sport  [0.00]
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfreak
Since it was posted with a very similar looking convertible, I wondered that also, but the thing that convinced me it was legit was the antennas.

If it was a photoshop, whoever did it was very clever to include the antennas that weren't on the soft-top version.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC
I love small coupe lines like this
I've seen this image and another of the coupe in the same wintery setting along with images of the cabrio...better/closer...
and I can't remember where the heck it was.
Anyway, I think it's a real photo. The roof line doesn't look as bubble shaped as the photoshops that are floating around.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
DTC
Rep
Drives:

Found the large version of the coupe pic and cabrio pic (updated my first post with the pix). Gotta say the coupe looks great... but hard to tell if it was photoshopped or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
fergusor
Registered
Rep
Drives:

The picture of the Coupe definitely looks like a photoshop job to me.

Have a look at the shape of the rear window and compare it to the rear window on the side of the car you can't see. The side you can't see looks more like the shape of the convertible window.

By the way, Hi!!! everyone, I'm new here. I currently drive a MINI Cooper S but eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Coupe :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #9
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I agree it does seem like a photoshop.

But you know there was a Z5 that was cought in spy photos only once ever and never seen again, because of that it was believed to be a photoshop for over 2 years. Then a few months ago the car surfaced as an official prototype car to show off new technology. SO the car did infact exist it was just a very very closely guarded secret.

The same may hold true for this 2 series in these pictures, it may be a pshop, or a very well guarded secret.
Appreciate 0