F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Anti-Dazzle/No Glare High Beams (F36 LCI)
Extreme Powerhouse

04-26-2023, 09:22 PM   #1
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Thought I’d share my experience. Doesn’t seem to be a definitive guide on how to do this.

- My vehicle is 2018 440i (F36) Xdrive with Adaptive headlights and KAFAS2
- You need Esys
- Modify VO and remove 5AP and 8S4
- Modify VO typecode to 4J71 (Go here and select your car and set market to EUR to find typecode… https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sel...prod=20171100)
- Recoded FEM, FLE (both), and KAFAS ECUs (right select on each module and select CODE). Nothing special here.

I did this from memory and can fix if y’all find something wrong or confusing.

My theory is that setting to EUR type the recoding sets the correct options automagically. Saves time trying to set options manually.

Works great from what I can see sitting in drivers seat. I’ve read that US spec cars don’t have the correct lights.

FWIW, I was inspired to try this approach after reading this article about flashing Alpina. Use to help guide you with the above.

https://bimmerist.com/bmw-alpina-transmission-flash/

Also, I tried using cheat codes in Bimmer Utility but they didn’t work on my car.
Appreciate 0