E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > e90 2a2b, 29e0 mixture control codes?

03-05-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
OhYeah
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335xi e90 Sedan

e90 2a2b, 29e0 mixture control codes?

I just bought my 08 335xi e90. It was just fine up until two days ago when it started misfiring on random cylinders and otherwise running horribly. Yesterday I changed out the coil packs, as I was told that they needed to be done, and that seemed to actually fix things for the most part. Though now anytime I first start it, it is running rough until I clear these mixture control codes, then it runs mostly fine until they come back in about 10 min of driving. IDK what this could be or how to fix.

It has brand new:
(Number? 12) injectors
HPFP
Ignition coils
probably some other stuff

It also has cat-less downpipes with no O2 sensors (I do have 2C9E, not anymore for some reason I had 2C78, 2C77, and as shadow codes 2FCA and 2FDA), so I'm not sure if that is what's causing this or not

I do have MHD and all the licenses to do anything I may need
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 09:28 AM   #2
BimmerTrimmer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I have the same issue, running rough w/random misfires and mixture control codes.
I pulled the my ngk 1 step colder plugs and found them completely black. I swapped back to stock plugs.
It was running hella rich and would foul the plugs if i wasn't on the throttle so I returned it back to stock tune(was running mhd stage 2+).
It helped but still has issues.
Im assuming its just a bad map sensor but haven't replaced it yet
Appreciate 0