E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Found another 06 325 xi

01-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
npolite
Private
Rep
Drives: Acura Integra

Found another 06 325 xi

Sorry for having to keep coming back to everyone here but with the advice you have kept me from making a bad deal.

I found this 06 325 xi at a local BMW dealer with 35k miles (Gray on the inside with silver trim). It has the premium package and ambient lighting. They are asking for $25k. What do you think is a fair price for the car, $23k? I really don't care much for the xi but this is the closest that I have found so far.

Thanks for you time as always.

Nick
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
yogi4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Is this a CPO?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
npolite
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi4 View Post
Is this a CPO?
Yep CPO.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
yogi4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I wouldn't go above 23K given 35K miles and factor in service and Maintainence ! you've been looking for a while ! yeah it needs patience , increase your search range to other locations such as NY , NJ or some nearest places , you will find good deals
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

does it have an oem rear deck spoiler.

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
abcommercial
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Npolite, you haven't bought your car YET? Enough looking -- go buy yourself something! (all in good fun).
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
npolite
Private
Rep

Yeah still nothing yet I've been convinced out of a BMW. I spoke to someone on another forum who is a mechanic (and value his input) and he mentioned quite a few things about the BMW's and in all honesty I really had a feeling that the maintenance would be too much for me to handle. Not to say that it will happen with all BMW's but when you have a tech who works on them day in and day out and says the materials are not made to last you gotta wonder.

I appreciate everyone's assistance but I think I'm going to stick with Japanese for reliability. I've been too used to it and having radiators fail at 70-80k miles to me is unacceptable.

On any Honda/Toyota/Nissan I wouldn't think twice about buying not buying a warranty, but when you think about it on a BMW it is almost a given you need it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
abcommercial
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by npolite View Post
Yeah still nothing yet I've been convinced out of a BMW. I spoke to someone on another forum who is a mechanic (and value his input) and he mentioned quite a few things about the BMW's and in all honesty I really had a feeling that the maintenance would be too much for me to handle. Not to say that it will happen with all BMW's but when you have a tech who works on them day in and day out and says the materials are not made to last you gotta wonder.

I appreciate everyone's assistance but I think I'm going to stick with Japanese for reliability. I've been too used to it and having radiators fail at 70-80k miles to me is unacceptable.

On any Honda/Toyota/Nissan I wouldn't think twice about buying not buying a warranty, but when you think about it on a BMW it is almost a given you need it.
I find it hard to believe BMW materials are not made to last. The materials seem to be pretty high-quality by most accounts. From the magnesium engine to the interior materials -- everything seems pretty solid. The abundance of bells and whistles are what I would suspect could cause probs later down the road. More features = more to go wrong. Also, 325 (no turbo) I heard were much more reliable than, say, 7s or 335s. But I am admittedly not an expert on the subject.

EDIT - this is a good thread on the topic:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=397373

See what AJGee says.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
npolite
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcommercial View Post
I find it hard to believe BMW materials are not made to last. The materials seem to be pretty high-quality by most accounts. From the magnesium engine to the interior materials -- everything seems pretty solid. The abundance of bells and whistles are what I would suspect could cause probs later down the road. More features = more to go wrong. Also, 325 (no turbo) I heard were much more reliable than, say, 7s or 335s. But I am admittedly not an expert on the subject.

EDIT - this is a good thread on the topic:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=397373

See what AJGee says.

Looks like the server is busy at the moment. I do believe that the quality of the cabin is sound. It's just the engine components that worry me. When I hear of radiators leaking, ball joints needing to be replaced, and oil pans leaking at 60-70k miles what else is going to go so soon? Just from my experience, I had to replace the balljoints and CV boots in my 95 Accord at 120k miles and 11 years into it's life. My mother's 99 Accord has close to 80k miles and 10 years later no radiator leaks, balljointsneeding replacement or drive shafts (knock on wood) If my BMW were to go 10 years without having any major service I would be thrilled.

It doesn't help either that BMW doesn't offer repair manuals and as someone else said won't offer individual bottles of differential fluid. How crappy is it that a DIY has to go to the dealer with his gallons to get the fluid?

My one side says get the car it'll be a fun ride but my practical side is saying don't do it it'll cost ya.

Last edited by npolite; 01-25-2009 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0