BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Apple CarPlay fails

02-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #1
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Apple CarPlay fails

How many of you are seeing issues with Apple CarPlay? I've been using CarPlay with the iPhone 13 Max and the experience has been bad.

1. CarPlay just disconnects at specific locations, every single time. This happens with both my BMW and my wife's Porsche, so looks like a Carplay issue vs a car-related issue.

2. CarPlay has, for no reason whatsoever, completely stopped working on my car. No matter how many times I reset the phone and re-establish the bluetooth connection, the car only connects to the phone via BMW iDrive - Carplay stops. This happened without any warning, when I returned to the car after a school drop-off (it was fine up to the trip to the school itself).

Has anyone had similar issues? Any mitigation that could work?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #2
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post

2. CarPlay has, for no reason whatsoever, completely stopped working on my car. No matter how many times I reset the phone and re-establish the bluetooth connection, the car only connects to the phone via BMW iDrive - Carplay stops. This happened without any warning, when I returned to the car after a school drop-off (it was fine up to the trip to the school itself).

Has anyone had similar issues? Any mitigation that could work?
This happens to me occasionally. I reset iDrive and it fixes it sometimes. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds and wait for it to reboot.

If that doesn't fix, I have to re-pair my phone. Sometimes it takes like 5-10 attempts to re-pair for it to show Carplay is back. It's a POS honestly.
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50