BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Driver Seat maintain headrest position

12-19-2022, 06:43 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Driver Seat maintain headrest position

Can this be done in the menu somewhere I’m missing or otherwise coded?

To clarify: all other seat settings appear to stay put when car is turned off except for the headrest which I have tilted forward. It reverts back to no tilt at all. It does not come on and move forward until I plug in seatbelt. Then one out of 8 times maybe it doesn’t work at all and I have to manually move it
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 04:03 PM   #2
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram TRX F90 M5

Agree why does the headrest have to reset! Just stay in the same spot.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 09:08 AM   #3
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
Ok I'm glad this isn't just me. I noticed it on my new car when I went to put the car seat in and felt like there was no room. The manual mentioned the steering wheel moving but nothing about the seat.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 08:53 PM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
Ok I'm glad this isn't just me. I noticed it on my new car when I went to put the car seat in and felt like there was no room. The manual mentioned the steering wheel moving but nothing about the seat.
It's just part of the easy entry thing just straightens out the backrest to make it easier to get in and out. Bolsters also move at the same time for same reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 09:01 PM   #5
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
Yeah I found where the owner's manual mentions it. It is annoying with my kid behind me in her car seat. Makes it really hard for her to get out. I also saw that the backrest only moves into position when you fasten your belt, but the steering wheel only moves on engine start. So early on when I was randomly sitting in the car to figure out how I wanted the seat adjusted I was getting frustrated by things not being where I expected. Now that I know the quirks I get it. I also found that while moving you can't really switch between 2 saved seat positions. You must be stopped for full movement to occur.

I will say the seats in this car are so much more forgiving than the Recaros in my V. Everytime I would adjust those it would take days to get comfortable again. In the M I did a 2.5hr drive on Sunday to get through break in and was still comfortable at the end.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 07:10 AM   #6
Revolicious94
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

I believe its in seating comfort settings. There is a point which should be called 'automatically adjust seat' or something.
Appreciate 0