BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

How to establish residency for in state tuition?

Does anyone know what you have to do to establish residency in the state of PA to be eligible for IN state tuition?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

prove residency(shelter), get drivers license in PA, prove to school.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
prove residency(shelter), get drivers license in PA, prove to school.
Ok well I am staying at a place for free but I am not on a lease, I have been here for two months. My mail still goes to my moms house and I guess I could get a PA license? But I have no address and I am living in dorms for the spring, do those count? I was going to get a sublet for the summer. I also don't know how long I need to have been here. It is important because financial aid award covers enough for IN state but out of state is too pricey.

How about if I transferred into a Reserve or Guard unit in PA? Would that be concrete?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Ok well I am staying at a place for free but I am not on a lease, I have been here for two months. My mail still goes to my moms house and I guess I could get a PA license? But I have no address and I am living in dorms for the spring, do those count? I was going to get a sublet for the summer. I also don't know how long I need to have been here. It is important because financial aid award covers enough for IN state but out of state is too pricey.

How about if I transferred into a Reserve or Guard unit in PA? Would that be concrete?
You need an address. You need a PA address to get a PA drivers license. Dorms don't count. I'm not sure about the reserve or guard unit. Call them and ask someone.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I really hope you searched google of something before you posted this thread and have already read this:

As a current student at a college, university, or technical school or as a member of the armed forces, you meet the requirements of Pennsylvania residency if you:

•are a student outside of Pennsylvania, were a resident of Pennsylvania prior to your current enrollment, and have a Pennsylvania mailing address, or

•are a student from another state who is currently residing at and enrolled in a Pennsylvania college, university, or technical school, and have a Pennsylvania mailing address, or

•are an active duty member of the armed forces, were a Pennsylvania resident immediately prior to your enlistment, and are scheduled to be discharged in ninety (90) days, or

•are an active duty member of the armed forces residing in Pennsylvania during your current enlistment, and are scheduled to be discharged within ninety (90) days
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

and this

http://www.finaid.org/otheraid/stateresidency.phtml
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn