E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 2008 LED Tail light replacement

11-29-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
Nic6
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 COUPE

E92 2008 LED Tail light replacement

Greeting, I have a problem with the rear left outside LED tail light on my 2008 E92.
After accessing the inside of the unit I discovered the LEDs themselves were working the circuit board is the problem and I have found out from this forum about the dry joint issues with the soldering.
I tried to fix without success, when I affixed the unit back into the car I noticed the inner left LED lamp has now also stopped working.
I have ordered a new outer LED (£160).
When I put the new unit in will it work from the word go or do I have to clear any "faults" first?
I have read on the forum that after a certain number of attempts the power is switched off to any faulty LED unit.
I suspect this is why the inner LED is not functioning.
I have an iCarsoft i910 machine but I cannot find any code clearance options for rear light faults.
Any advice welcome.
Appreciate 0