BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-18-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
lukasm60b40
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 go5 30d

Bmw x5 30d b57 Cylinder head problems advise please

Hi guys i look at the lovely High spec X5 2018 GO5 30D from approved BMW Garage ( Ex demo car so all options inc. )
When look at the service we notice it has engine work done at 42k says on the paper the Cylinder Head Cracked/broken/torn off !!? also DPF (including nitrogen oxide storage catalytic converter) Permanent malfunction ?. I try to ring the garage so they could explain what work and why was done but no luck . What your thoughts about the B57 reliability ? i can't believe that 3year old 30d has blown head gasket and had the Cylinder head replaced ? Buy or Avoid ? Car has 1year warranty
Thanks Lukas
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
LarsOtium
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasm60b40 View Post
Hi guys i look at the lovely High spec X5 2018 GO5 30D from approved BMW Garage ( Ex demo car so all options inc. )
When look at the service we notice it has engine work done at 42k says on the paper the Cylinder Head Cracked/broken/torn off !!? also DPF (including nitrogen oxide storage catalytic converter) Permanent malfunction ?. I try to ring the garage so they could explain what work and why was done but no luck . What your thoughts about the B57 reliability ? i can't believe that 3year old 30d has blown head gasket and had the Cylinder head replaced ? Buy or Avoid ? Car has 1year warranty
Thanks Lukas
Cannot speak to this model diesel.

We have a 2012 X5 3.5d, and other than consumables like glow plugs at 100,000 miles and a few other smaller things, the diesel has performed like a champ.

Currently has 107,000 miles and it feels brand new, which is actually a problem as I cannot bring myself to sell it.

So for now we have two X5s. At least the 45e is dramatically different.
Appreciate 0