E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need Help:: Adding CarPlay and Backup Camera

11-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
Scantrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 335i

Need Help:: Adding CarPlay and Backup Camera

I’m trying to add apple car play and a backup camera to my car, I currently have the CCC idrive unit.

I want the dynamic/active lines for when I back up (lines that move with steering wheel in the back up camera image).
I’m looking at the Andream CarPlay head unit or the Wakka CarPlay head unit (I think they’re pretty much the exact same).

My question is, Will I have the dynamic lines with my original unit being CCC? Or would I need to retrofit the CIC unit first to have dynamic lines? I’m having concerns because every picture I’ve seen of cars with the Dynamic reverse lines it looks like it’s always the CIC system.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 03:38 PM   #2
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scantrell View Post
I'm trying to add apple car play and a backup camera to my car, I currently have the CCC idrive unit.

I want the dynamic/active lines for when I back up (lines that move with steering wheel in the back up camera image).
I'm looking at the Andream CarPlay head unit or the Wakka CarPlay head unit (I think they're pretty much the exact same).

My question is, Will I have the dynamic lines with my original unit being CCC? Or would I need to retrofit the CIC unit first to have dynamic lines? I'm having concerns because every picture I've seen of cars with the Dynamic reverse lines it looks like it's always the CIC system.
I just completed installing a Dynavision trunk handle camera along with a Mr. 12Volt P2000 CarPlay/Android in my '10 335i e93 (option S676).
Truly impressed! No coding required for E9X cars. Includes built-in dsp. Audio quality is virtually "lossless" using Apple CarPlay due to Mr. 12Volt P2000's using the cd vs. the aux input. (Your car needs a factory head unit with cd changer).
Dynamic Lines are nothing more than a setting (on/off) in the user preferences menu.
My car has a CIC not CCC.
Appreciate 0