BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
CFonAir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW '22 X3 M40i

Remote Start - Connected Store

I purchased a new '22 X3 m40i last December. It was after my '19 was wrecked in a (not my fault) accident. I put together specs with my salesman, but ordering was a sub-optimal option, due to the fact I was in a rental.

We were able to take on an order already in production for another dealer, which was lucky. It had everything I wanted EXCEPT, I was told, Remote Start. It didn't show as an option on the order sheet, and the salesman confirmed when it arrived.

I live in a cold climate, but my car is mostly parked inside, so no big loss.

Last month, I get a "add Remote Start to your car" email from BMW. In the connected store, it showed as an option, and further specified only available options are displayed.

Sure enough, $300 later, remote start is downloaded (took about an hour of driving) and installed in the car. I have to say, compared to other vehicles I've owned, it's the quickest to start, from the app, I've seen.

I know people hate the "subscription service" model, and I generally do, too, but this was a great implementation. Having the service already on the car and available, without it having to be a configurable option, turned out for the best, especially with the lifetime service option.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

It's one of my favorite options... but I prefer to use the remote start by way of the key instead of the app unless I am very far away.
      10-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #3
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I agree. I somehow forgot to order the remote start and was pissed at myself after realizing it after I took delivery. I figured I was going to have to go with some aftermarket option like I did with my Jeep until I discovered I could just 'buy' the feature after the fact. It took a few days for it to get installed and start working and for some annoying reason my car still keeps prompting me to install it (which also wipes out all of my coding as it resets the whole car). It was really handy to be able to get it that way though.
Appreciate 1
CFonAir272.00
      10-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #4
BillsGirlGina
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
When I ordered my 23 I kept reading stuff here & watching YouTube to help contain my excitement. Which only had me adding stuff to my build daily. Especially in the summer when it's been 100 plus degrees & in the fall like today where the high will be 81°. So over the course of a week I kept adding more options. I decided remote engine start would probably be the last one. But the day I tried to add it, my car went into production. I was happy but also a little disappointed. I told myself well that was the least important feature. But my CA said I could add it after the fact. The day after I picked it up I purchased it & within 3 hours it was fully downloaded & installed. I was wrong! I really do enjoy this feature. Wish the kick tailgate could be added as a subscription or hopefully a retrofit I almost kick every time I go to my tailgate out of habit.