E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Crank no start

10-13-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
Red_Turtle
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Crank no start

Just got an 07 335i with the n54 I believe, kind of new to bmws. Anyway I bought it knowing the battery and alternator were bad so I hooked cables up to it and it cranks but will not start. I called a shop and they said I’d need a new battery and to have it programmed to the ecu. I have no idea what to look for or what to do here so a little help would be very much appreciated. It also has a Cobb tuner and it tells me the codes and it’s got a bunch of stuff from ambient air temp sensor to generator miscommunication and some battery code. So I’m wondering if all it needs is just the new battery and alternator or if I got myself into much more than that.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Questions:
1) What are Last-7 Characters of your VIN?
2) Do you have a multimeter? If so, Voltage at Jumpstart Terminals under Hood?
3) Please provide ALL Fault Codes read in the DME (Engine Control Module) and CAS (if your Scan Tool can connect with CAS Module).
George
Appreciate 0