F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Yet another PCV chirp thread, pls help
Extreme Powerhouse

10-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #1
J4CK_335i
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 335I sportsline

Yet another PCV chirp thread, pls help

Hey Bimmerpost,

I have a 2012 F30 335i, I purchased it with a jb4 and an upgraded aluminum? chargepipe. However, I cannot find a name on the pipe anywhere hence the question mark. I have been having issues with my crank/pcv system for the past while. I did purchase a car-shield third party warranty contract around the time I got the car. I have taken the car to two different places so far. The first of which was a reputable indy near me who suggested a smoke test and for me to take the car to a tuner, or "speed-shop". After doing my research, I chose APM tuned over in Villa Park, IL with the preface of PCV issues. So far, we have removed the jb4 which I was told was causing the 28A0 code. I opted to switch over to a custom tune from them, and since then I have been code-free. I received the car back after the new tune, and I was still having PCV issues and rough idles at stoplights/most starts. I took the car back, and we replaced the valve-cover through my warranty. It was a difficult and time consuming process but we got it done nonetheless. The chirp and rough crank have returned, and the car seems to be running lean on most starts. I have not driven it other than to replicate the noise. The chirp/squeal seems to be much quieter, however still present. I am also a little concerned about the loud beep and "clock ticking" noise you can hear at the beginning of the second clip in this video. I have scoured every forum, thread (including the one with 39 pages and ending with both crank seal replacements), reddit post, service bulletin, and youtube video related to this problem and I am at my wallet and wits end with this issue. I would need my friend's tablet to provide logs.

Symptoms:
Chirp
Rough crank/Engine shaking side to side for 3 seconds or so
28A0: Throttle valve opening angle absolute pressure intake pipe comparison pressure too high
Jerky/sensitive throttle response
Running lean on start ups
The automatic downshifts/engine braking feels very sluggish but maybe that is just placebo.

Parts removed/installed:
Jb4
OEM coils and plugs (bosch) (delphi)
Valvecover (Warranty purchased this and shipped it to APM, authenticity of it being OEM is unknown.)
I believe the eccentric shaft sensor has a lifetime warranty.

Please help!!

Last edited by J4CK_335i; 10-05-2022 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: forgot to link video :(
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The noise and clunk you hear in the second clip is just your throttle body I believe. My gti made that noise during throttle calibration, and my 335 does as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:30 PM   #3
J4CK_335i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
The noise and clunk you hear in the second clip is just your throttle body I believe. My gti made that noise during throttle calibration, and my 335 does as well.
Gotcha, now I just need to figure out the clock ticking and the rest
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 08:20 PM   #4
J4CK_335i
Rep

Bump? Running out of ideas. Will try the pedal version of throttle body reset and see if it changes/works for me tomorrow.
Appreciate 0