BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Bowers & Wilkins lights issue

09-13-2022, 12:54 AM   #1
F06killa12
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F06

Bowers & Wilkins lights issue

Hello guys,

I have an F90 m5 and suddenly my speakers’ lights no longer working. I getting attached codes and i cannot find a solution for it. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:41 AM   #2
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06killa12 View Post
Hello guys,

I have an F90 m5 and suddenly my speakers’ lights no longer working. I getting attached codes and i cannot find a solution for it. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
The above error code means that it’s not seeing the correct number of LED units which ties in with issue you have. Either the wiring or connection for the speaker LED is the issue or the LED itself. Could be as simple as a loose connection in the door card. That would be my starting point.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 02:13 AM   #3
F06killa12
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone_UK View Post
The above error code means that it’s not seeing the correct number of LED units which ties in with issue you have. Either the wiring or connection for the speaker LED is the issue or the LED itself. Could be as simple as a loose connection in the door card. That would be my starting point.
Thank you for your reply. I don’t believe it’s led connector because all my speakers' led went down on both sides except the doors led they still work, plus my middle speaker makes noise when I play music as if it was blown. Even when I accelerate it makes some weird noise but only when the i have the exhaust button on (asd). I’ll try to take it to the dealer in the next couple of days and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #4
EPTXM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06killa12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone_UK View Post
Thank you for your reply. I don’t believe it’s led connector because all my speakers' led went down on both sides except the doors led they still work, plus my middle speaker makes noise when I play music as if it was blown. Even when I accelerate it makes some weird noise but only when the i have the exhaust button on (asd). I’ll try to take it to the dealer in the next couple of days and see what they say.
What did they say? My front right tweeter light quit working a day after the warranty expired. I took it apart and swapped tweeter pods from the driver door and still doesn't light up but the driver tweeter pod works on both sides so definitely have a bad tweeter light. Wonder how much this is gonna cost now
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
Jazz_V
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPTXM5 View Post
What did they say? My front right tweeter light quit working a day after the warranty expired. I took it apart and swapped tweeter pods from the driver door and still doesn't light up but the driver tweeter pod works on both sides so definitely have a bad tweeter light. Wonder how much this is gonna cost now
I have a similar issue and took it to the dealership and they are going to replace the speaker, but it's going to take over two weeks as the part has to be order from Germany.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2022, 01:29 PM   #6
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz_V View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPTXM5 View Post
I have a similar issue and took it to the dealership and they are going to replace the speaker, but it's going to take over two weeks as the part has to be order from Germany.
If I hear "has to come from Germany" one more time from my dealer…