F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Flat Tire Monitor vs Tire Pressure Monitor
Extreme Powerhouse

09-12-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
ravenorxs
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW '18 440i M-Perf. Edition

Flat Tire Monitor vs Tire Pressure Monitor

Not sure if this is a user error or I am missing something.

My new-to-me 2018 440i GC came with 20inch RFT's. In the iDrive Menu under My Vehicle/Vehicle Status, the top option is "Flat Tire Monitor". It indicates whether there is a flat in any of the tires.

However, I cannot seem to locate or find the more traditional "Tire Pressure Monitor" menu. At first, I thought maybe it was because I had Run-flats fitted and it would only give the Flat Tire Monitor option? However, I had my wheels/tired swapped out today to 19inch Go-flats (Continental DWS06) and the menu still only shows "Flat Tire Monitor".

How do I find or enable the traditional Tire Pressure Monitor menu?

The 2018 440i Gran Coupe user manual shows both systems but both seemed to be accessed by going to My Vehicle/Vehicle Status. However mine only shows the Flat tire Monitor selection.

Not sure if I am missing something glaringly obvious or not understanding how the system works.

*EDIT* Nevermind, apparently it seems for the Canadian market, our cars only have Flat tire monitors (at least for this particular model and year). TPMS functionality must be coded in. Not sure why this system wasn't added as a default to the Canadian Market**

Last edited by ravenorxs; 09-12-2022 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0