E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Alot Of Light Questions!

12-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
convinceme
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i ALPINE WHITE

Lightbulb Alot Of Light Questions!

BRACE yourself this WILL BE LONG:

Ok I want to buy an E90 tomorrow, and I'm going to go and buy a 2006 330i FULLY LOADED Anyways, I have done reading on this car,
UGLY ORANGE HEADLIGHTS:
One thing I CANT stand is the headlights the orange!!! I have found that I can put a stupid plastic sticker over it I guess(no offense to those who like it)? Which I don't care to do. I honestly really don't want to replace my headlights I want to keep them OEM cuz there already Xenons but I will do what I have to. SO what are my options for getting rid of the ORANGE? I noticed that the new 09 facelifted E90's are out now I do like the headlight design I really do I like the fact that they got rid of the ugly orange strip and made the blinker LED! Is that possible to do to my 2006 E90 330i? Can I change my orange headlight blinker to LED? Will OEM facelifted Headlights fit on my car? So what are my options? I was reading that some people have managed to put on E92 CLEAR headlights on E90's Is this really possible? I found one pair of headlights that I actually really liked do they still make these(See link) I think there called LCi's? Where do I buy these if they make them still?
ANGEL EYES:
As well the angel eyes are the ugly OEM orange from what I understand all I have to do is change the bulb behind it to a LED color of my choice correct?
REAR TAILIGHTS:
Now for the rear tailights I want to swap those for LED's I found them already from Jlevisw.com but are there any out there that have the same type of design as the new facelifted E90's? Will the facelifted OEM tailights fit on my car?
SIDE MARKERS:
One last thing: I was reading that when you are driving the E90 that the side markers stay lit? Can I turn them off and only have them blink when I actually turn? How do I do it?
Link for photos: Here are the headlights/tailights:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33490912@N05/?saved=1
ANSWERS:
So tell me what you guys have done with your E90's as far as my lighting questions go THANK YOU GUYS!
Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

First of all, congrats on the new car

For the headlights, you can go with our painted headlight covers however we only have them available in a few colors at the moment. If your color is not available, we can custom paint a set for you.

For the angel eyes, I recommend upgrading the stock set with our MyCarr E90 ICE LED Angel Eye Kit which is an LED based replacement module that upgrades the color to a pure xenon white.

The rear tails on the LCI/Facelift Model are a different shape so they are not a direct swap without changing out the trunk.

You may be referring to the parking lights which only light when you turn on the headlights. Otherwise, they are only activated when you turn on the turn signal.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Jimmeh
Major General
Rep
Drives: Ms. Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
P.S. If you don't like the OEM orange lights (headlights, sidemarkers, Angel Eyes...etc) May I suggest getting a different car?

Thanks for such a helpful post....jackass.

Original poster

Some people also put a tint on the orange reflectors in the headlight as well, works better w/ darker colors.
Appreciate 0