BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    iDrive 6 tiles rearranged

07-31-2022, 08:07 AM   #1
rabbutler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
iDrive 6 tiles rearranged

I Sometimes find the tiles of the iDrive 6 media system have rearranged themselves.
I have the tiles set to show the connected tile with the weather on display, then the SatNav and then Media tile. This set up is saved to my profile which is also set to the display key. Sometimes when I get in and start the car the tile arrangement has changed. Has anyone else experienced the same annoyance and was there a reason for this?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Yes, my car has NEVER retained the tile arrangement I prefer. After 1-3 sleep cycles it resets to default. One of many issues its getting dropped off at the dealer for this week for a end-of-warranty bitch fest.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 10:45 PM   #3
rabbutler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
Yes, my car has NEVER retained the tile arrangement I prefer. After 1-3 sleep cycles it resets to default. One of many issues its getting dropped off at the dealer for this week for a end-of-warranty bitch fest.
It's not a show stopper but more of an annoyance, its like there has had a software update and reset back to default.
Let me know how you get on with the dealer and what they provide as an explanation for the rearranged tiles.
Appreciate 0