BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Tell me about your (hilarious?) dreams

My mind has been working overtime of late it seems as I've been remembering a whole bunch of dreams. Apparently, we always dream, it's just whether we remember them or not once we wake.

Anyway, this one made me chuckle:

Wife and I were walking in a mall, some Gerald Depardieu-looking guy acting all shady carrying a clear bag of gold chains was asking me if I want to buy some for the Mrs. Some old ladies nearby overheard and warned me not to as it's a scam (not that I would buy from him anyway but appreciate the looking out). I said 'no' and he was upset at everyone. He was walking behind me, starting to lure other prospects and I stopped suddenly on purpose and he got hit by my backpack. He started getting irritated and a crowd was gathering. Some guys were pushing up their sleeves so something was about to go down. Suddenly, that guy got jumped and he was trying to fight back as he was still a big dude but there were too many ppl who swarmed him, picture a drowning chicken into a pool of piranhas lol. I got a video of a few seconds before the crowd got too much blocking the angle. I was laughing my X off uncontrollably and some guys nearby must've thought I was sadistic, but it was just so hilarious and unreal lmao! Guy probably will think twice before showing up at this mall again.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 06:11 AM   #2
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

I guess, I would be banned here, if I'd tell you my dreams 🤪
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane70861.50
      07-18-2022, 07:13 AM   #3
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Saturday-I was riding a skate board backwards with no wheels on it in NJ on a highway (RT 1&9) by where I used to live. The road was covered in snow, so essentially I was snow boarding down the highway and there was a pothole that was so big that it had an alligator in it.

When I tried to jump over the gator, I woke from my dream thinking I was falling...
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615280.00
      07-18-2022, 07:09 PM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Saturday-I was riding a skate board backwards with no wheels on it in NJ on a highway (RT 1&9) by where I used to live. The road was covered in snow, so essentially I was snow boarding down the highway and there was a pothole that was so big that it had an alligator in it.

When I tried to jump over the gator, I woke from my dream thinking I was falling...
Hmm, pretty weird, why not an actual snowboard but instead a funky skateboard going backwards w/o wheels? That must have some meaning somehow.

Did you wake up w a jolt to your legs? i do that when I dream of falling.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 01:59 PM   #5
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Hmm, pretty weird, why not an actual snowboard but instead a funky skateboard going backwards w/o wheels? That must have some meaning somehow.

Did you wake up w a jolt to your legs? i do that when I dream of falling.
I dont know. I try not to read into dreams too much b/c there is not real book on how to decipher them.
The gator is due to living in Florida
The pothole is b/c I lived in NJ and blew out 6 tires in one winter (partially why I moved to Florida)
The skate board, I got nothing
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #6
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

My tend to be weirdly apocalyptic. Can't remember the last time I had a funny one.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #7
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
I dont know. I try not to read into dreams too much b/c there is not real book on how to decipher them.
The pothole is b/c I lived in NJ and blew out 6 tires in one winter (partially why I moved to Florida)
I think that Rt. 1&9 was covered in a different kind of snow, and the alligator and pothole represented your brains running out of your nostril from sniffing too much of the white powder.

Wish that I had funny dreams. Most of mine involve people dying, and frequently come true a few weeks later.....
      07-19-2022, 04:36 PM   #8
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You'd be surprised. Try searching online. I particularly like Aunty Flo, lots of dream interpretations.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 04:35 PM   #9
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

A friend of mine suffered a stroke a few years ago and hasn’t been able to walk or talk ever since.

I dream about him several times a month and in each dream, he made a full recovery. When I awaken and realize it was only a dream, I’m sad.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #10
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Damn, lots of sad dreams in here.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #11
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The father of one of the kids that played ball with my youngest was driving us down a local road, in the rain, and showing amazing evasive technique, with zero horn or foul language.

Rain, in Cali?????
      07-25-2022, 06:46 PM   #12
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The father of one of the kids that played ball with my youngest was driving us down a local road, in the rain, and showing amazing evasive technique, with zero horn or foul language.

Rain, in Cali?????
Coincidentally, was just listening to this one. Can't believe some ppl I know took the title literally (so=Cali has an amazing climate) and didn't realize the meaning of the song. Talk about only reading the book cover lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 07:16 PM   #13
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Dreamt I was living in a nice apartment that operated more like a hotel in Manhattan Beach, CA last nite. Extremely random - other than texting a friend of mine who lives in West LA yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 07:57 PM   #14
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I had a really funny one last night.

I somehow got a job as a crew chief on an IndyCar-like racing team...only we weren't a real racing team. The race series promoter had a contract with the TV broadcaster to field a minimum of 20 cars for every race, but there were only 19 teams signed up for most races. Because both the race series and individual teams' sponsorship deals would have fallen apart if the TV crew didn't show, everyone got together and created this fake 20th team, providing hand-me-down cars, fake sponsorship decals, etc. They even had a hauler in the paddock for our fake team, and it had a full bar inside and no tools or spare parts.

As crew chief, I had to hire eight acting extras to wear the pit crew uniforms and stand for the national anthem. Our driver was a Stig-like stunt man, and his job at every race was to run a dozen laps and then blow up the car to take the DNF. We didn't have any tools, or even a working fuel or air hose on the pit road because the script was always a spectacular breakdown before the first pit stop for the TV ratings.

The race before this one, our stunt driver went off-script and wadded up the car in an ad-libbed fireball against the front straight wall. He was still in a full body cast at the hospital. The promoter told me that he needed the 20th team this week, and we had to put someone in the car and at least take the green flag. I rounded up eight drunken fans from another team's sponsor hospitality tent, put them in our pit crew uniforms and sent then to the pit road for the best seats at the track. Lacking a driver, I saw a track employee mowing the infield lawn on a tractor who looked like he would fit into the driver's suit. Long story short, I put a tinted visor on his helmet, threw about 7 laps of fuel into the car so that our race would end quickly, and off he went for the warmup laps obviously qualifying and starting at the back of the field.

Right after the green flag, several of the race leaders got into a spectacular crash going into turn one. Somehow, our lawnmower guy driver avoided all of the carnage, and came out leading the race when they threw the red flag! As the remaining cars were sitting on the pit road, the race promoter came over and told me there was a change of plans. We needed to WIN the race, to make the ultimate underdog winner story for the TV broadcasters!

So, I'm standing there with a lawnmower guy as driver, eight drunken fans as a pit crew who don't know how to fuel an IndyCar or even have a working fuel hose, and probably not enough fuel left in the car to make it to the green flag again after more warmup laps. In other words, a typical day at work for me!

While the emergency crews were cleaning up the wrecks under red, I went down the pit road and recruited a real pit crew from teams who were wrecked out in the crash, and managed to scrounge up tires and air/fuel hoses. The new pit crew gathered a pile of better race car parts from their own haulers, to give our car at least a fighting chance to complete the race without falling apart. Anyway, we completed the race and won, probably because the race promoter told the remaining teams that they were all racing for second place if they wanted to ever compete in that series again. I didn't ask, since I had a bigger problem waiting with the upcoming winner's TV interview.

When lawnmower guy parked the race car in the victory circle, I had to jump in front of him with a reminder that he couldn't speak or take his helmet off since he needed to be totally anonymous. As I was doing the big winner's TV interview with him sitting in the car behind me, he climbed out of the car...left his helmet on...and went back to his lawn tractor to mow donuts in the infield grass...on national TV!

The hilarity of the whole lawnmower donuts thing woke me up before I could find out how it ended.....
      07-26-2022, 10:13 PM   #15
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I had a really funny one last night.

I somehow got a job as a crew chief on an IndyCar-like racing team...only we weren't a real racing team. The race series promoter had a contract with the TV broadcaster to field a minimum of 20 cars for every race, but there were only 19 teams signed up for most races. Because both the race series and individual teams' sponsorship deals would have fallen apart if the TV crew didn't show, everyone got together and created this fake 20th team, providing hand-me-down cars, fake sponsorship decals, etc. They even had a hauler in the paddock for our fake team, and it had a full bar inside and no tools or spare parts.

As crew chief, I had to hire eight acting extras to wear the pit crew uniforms and stand for the national anthem. Our driver was a Stig-like stunt man, and his job at every race was to run a dozen laps and then blow up the car to take the DNF. We didn't have any tools, or even a working fuel or air hose on the pit road because the script was always a spectacular breakdown before the first pit stop for the TV ratings.

The race before this one, our stunt driver went off-script and wadded up the car in an ad-libbed fireball against the front straight wall. He was still in a full body cast at the hospital. The promoter told me that he needed the 20th team this week, and we had to put someone in the car and at least take the green flag. I rounded up eight drunken fans from another team's sponsor hospitality tent, put them in our pit crew uniforms and sent then to the pit road for the best seats at the track. Lacking a driver, I saw a track employee mowing the infield lawn on a tractor who looked like he would fit into the driver's suit. Long story short, I put a tinted visor on his helmet, threw about 7 laps of fuel into the car so that our race would end quickly, and off he went for the warmup laps obviously qualifying and starting at the back of the field.

Right after the green flag, several of the race leaders got into a spectacular crash going into turn one. Somehow, our lawnmower guy driver avoided all of the carnage, and came out leading the race when they threw the red flag! As the remaining cars were sitting on the pit road, the race promoter came over and told me there was a change of plans. We needed to WIN the race, to make the ultimate underdog winner story for the TV broadcasters!

So, I'm standing there with a lawnmower guy as driver, eight drunken fans as a pit crew who don't know how to fuel an IndyCar or even have a working fuel hose, and probably not enough fuel left in the car to make it to the green flag again after more warmup laps. In other words, a typical day at work for me!

While the emergency crews were cleaning up the wrecks under red, I went down the pit road and recruited a real pit crew from teams who were wrecked out in the crash, and managed to scrounge up tires and air/fuel hoses. The new pit crew gathered a pile of better race car parts from their own haulers, to give our car at least a fighting chance to complete the race without falling apart. Anyway, we completed the race and won, probably because the race promoter told the remaining teams that they were all racing for second place if they wanted to ever compete in that series again. I didn't ask, since I had a bigger problem waiting with the upcoming winner's TV interview.

When lawnmower guy parked the race car in the victory circle, I had to jump in front of him with a reminder that he couldn't speak or take his helmet off since he needed to be totally anonymous. As I was doing the big winner's TV interview with him sitting in the car behind me, he climbed out of the car...left his helmet on...and went back to his lawn tractor to mow donuts in the infield grass...on national TV!

The hilarity of the whole lawnmower donuts thing woke me up before I could find out how it ended.....
Haha, sounds awesome w so much detail. Will Ferrell's next movie?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00
      07-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #16
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Haha, sounds awesome w so much detail. Will Ferrell's next movie?
I've personally seen this kind of fakery happen at a non-sports live TV broadcast, and suspect that it is more common than we all think.

Do you seriously believe that Juan Pablo Montoya *accidentally* drove into the back of a jet dryer and created that huge fireball under yellow at Daytona, when Joie Chitwood's son (of the Joie Chitwood's Thrill Show fame) was the track manager?????