E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > some advice needed

12-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Question some advice needed

hi all

i just got my ride and have some general questions about the car which i hope someone can help me...

1. my e90 comes wiht Xenon, is it "safe" to just leave the the lights in "auto" while switching (start) on/off my car? "safe" as it will it damage the lights or the battery?

2. Same as Q1. how about the automatic Aircon?

3. Same as Q2, how about the Radio?

4. is the stock xenon lights comes with dynamic control or just a plain xenon? cos i notice the lights does a "swing" when you switch on the car...which is quite cool i think ... not sure if its the dynamic control type?

5. does the headunit plays other format than mp3?

6. is there a way to set the aircon to always circulate rather than i have to manually turn on each time i start the car..

7. what is day driving lights? does it simply means the lights is ON all the way when i switch it to "A" mode and start the car?

thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

when the car is on "auto" for lights it is safe. this just means the headlights will turn on automatically when needed (like in the rain, or night, anywhere dark)

i guess its also safe for the next two questions as well... i dont see why it wouldnt be

the xenon headlights are adaptive headlights. they will turn to the direction you are steering. also corner lights light up when you turn to help you see

daytime running lights are the "angel eyes". turn your car on in the daytime, put the lights on AUTO. look at the lights and youll see the "angel eyes"/ corona rings. daytime running lights are always on. they are not your headlights.

when the light next to AUTO lights up green then your headlights are turned on. you can turn on your headlights by just switching the control all the way to the right as well but the AUTO is more convenient for some. does it for you
Appreciate 0