E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Service Help!!! Amp!

12-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Kozmo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Saphire Black

Service Help!!! Amp!

Alight ppl any help would be greatly appreciated!!! here is my story

I sent my car in for service for a bad amp at Quality BMW in brooklyn. The bass kept on disappearing and coming back when i pump up the volume. So they finally heard the bass coming and going and said it was the amp that was bad. They have had it since Dec 2nd and i have still not gotten it back. My SA told me that they got me a new amp and tried programming it but didnt work... so they tried another new amp and its the same problem. But this time they claimed the car locked them out and cant start the car and dont know what to do!!! They are going to order the 3rd amp and try to deal with it on monday... So im stuck over the weekend with a crappy G6 rental

I have a SSTT installed, and for some reason i think that has something to do with them unable to program the system.

I dont know if i should tell them that i have a mod or to just let them figure out the problem for themselves?!?!

HELP!!
did anyone have the same problem or have a soluton?
WHAT DO I DO?!?!

http://www.myspace.com/kozmo630
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
How easy is it to remove the SSTT?

Go there at night with the second fob, and uninstall it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

the SSS machine used for programming has some glitches in it still. Its usually not a stable system, but 75% of the time it works fine. The errors with being locked out of the car is probable due to the SSS computer locking up, and causing it to glitch whatever it was in the middle of programming (KOMBI, CANBUS, your amp, etc etc) and when that happens, it just creates more headaches. I used to work for BMW and I hated programming.

Its only been 4 days, give it a break. Sometimes it takes 3 days for a part to get in, so what are you complaining about? Let them fix it instead of breathing down their back.

Your SSTT most likely has nothing to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

what ever happen to life quality giving out bmw loaners?
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

that happends to my car as well...but i dont have logic since my car is a 09 and i didnt know it wasnt standard till it was to late. lol boooooo maybe i have a bad AMP as well noooooooooooo
      12-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
Kozmo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
what ever happen to life quality giving out bmw loaners?
they do give out loaners but you have to reserve a month in advanced and i didnt want to wait a month as i couldnt withstand the damn bass screwing up all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
the SSS machine used for programming has some glitches in it still. Its usually not a stable system, but 75% of the time it works fine. The errors with being locked out of the car is probable due to the SSS computer locking up, and causing it to glitch whatever it was in the middle of programming (KOMBI, CANBUS, your amp, etc etc) and when that happens, it just creates more headaches. I used to work for BMW and I hated programming.

Its only been 4 days, give it a break. Sometimes it takes 3 days for a part to get in, so what are you complaining about? Let them fix it instead of breathing down their back.

Your SSTT most likely has nothing to do with it.
thanx for ur input but they had the amp ordered for over night shipping and they keep getting new amps like its the amps that are defective but what are the chances of 2 staight bad amps??

idk man i just miss my bimmer man...lol it sux downgrading from a bimmer to a pontiac rental lol

but im happy to hear the sstt isnt the issue!!

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo86 View Post
idk man i just miss my bimmer man...lol it sux downgrading from a bimmer to a pontiac rental lol

We all have to give back sometimes or make do with stuff that isnt the best.

When mine kicked the fuel pump, I wasnt old enough to get a BMW rental (min age is 25)...so I had to settle for a PT Cruiser or a new 07 4Runner.

You can guess what I chose. Toyota make the most awesome trucks. Took it to the city that night and I could park that thing anywhere lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Rice&Pumkin
LionLungz
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 & 450H

You should have taken out the SSTT before you went just to be on the safe side.From my experience they will try to blame your amp problem on the SSTT.LoL But besides that I usally see nick when I go there but he always tells me the same story that the programing took longer or didn't work.What I think is that the car volume is so much they need a while before thay even get to your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Kozmo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I got my car back yesterday!! Relieved that they replaced the amp and it had nothing to do with the sstt!! We found out the problem was that with these new systems, every single module of the car has to be reprogrammed when dealing with electrical problems! so thats what took the longest other than the fact that it kept freezing up. I dont even think they noticed the chip.. lol soo everything is back to normal!!

u dont know how happy i am go have my baby back!!

thanx for the help fellaz!!

Appreciate 0