E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Reoccurring P0012 (N52)

03-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
e1forsterling
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw 328i

Reoccurring P0012 (N52)

Hey guys hopefully there's someone here who knows the ins and out of an n52 but i'm in need of some assistance. I've replaced just about every sensor on my motor besides the crankshaft sensor and the map so all would seem good but every once in awhile when driving my car will start jerking violently basically wanting to shut off and i'll get a P0012 code for the intake camshaft sensor… I've replaced both of the vanos solenoids and the cam position sensors at least 3 times. So i'm getting pretty stuck on what the issue might be. I don't have ista or inpa or whatever it's called so i can't do any deep scans and i just replaced my eccentric shaft sensor for the second time as well. But if anyone has gone through this issue and figured it out please lend me some assistance if you can! Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:05 PM   #2
e1forsterling
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1forsterling View Post
Hey guys hopefully there's someone here who knows the ins and out of an n52 but i'm in need of some assistance. I've replaced just about every sensor on my motor besides the crankshaft sensor and the map so all would seem good but every once in awhile when driving my car will start jerking violently basically wanting to shut off and i'll get a P0012 code for the intake camshaft sensor… I've replaced both of the vanos solenoids and the cam position sensors at least 3 times. So i'm getting pretty stuck on what the issue might be. I don't have ista or inpa or whatever it's called so i can't do any deep scans and i just replaced my eccentric shaft sensor for the second time as well. But if anyone has gone through this issue and figured it out please lend me some assistance if you can! Thanks everyone!
Update…

I used my pretty basic scanner to look at my vanos and valvetronic data and i'm not really sure how to make sense of it so if anyone knows anything about timing feel free to let me know😅
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 08:13 AM   #3
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

Is your scanner images at idle? Exhaust cam should be at -115 when idling and advance both intake/exhaust as you rev. Could be failing solenoid, clogged check valves, or worn bearing ledge. Your adaptation values look nice.

Try to swap the vanos solenoids to see if the error shows up with intake. If that's the case, then solenoids are bad otherwise bearing ledge :/
Appreciate 0