E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Info about CAN bus for a project

03-04-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
Ishj
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Post Info about CAN bus for a project

Hello All,
I am graduating college(USA) with a physics degree this year, and I am looking to break into the software engineering industry. I have been told that one way to prove myself without a CS degree is to have a few projects on Git under my belt.

One thing I want to do is extract info from my n54's CAN bus and use them to control EL wires across the car. I can then code in things like a gyroscope so the light goes red based on g forces...

It sounds like simple project, although I wanna ask here first whether anyone can help me with finding documentation on how the CAN system works, how to locate the data... Also if anyone is looking for a software engineering intern, lmk

I have a habit of picking something I have never seen before and making my own thing with it. Hopefully, automotive stuff won't be any different and you will all have fun open source accessories soon!
Appreciate 1
Dave92N54528.00