BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Issue with internet on Android Auto

02-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #1
rs1987
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C LCI, S1000XR

Issue with internet on Android Auto

So, my phone connection to the car started glitching, so I deleted and re-added the devices.

Now, I can get phone connectivity via the Com / iDrive, make and receive calls and listen to audio via bluetooth if I want.

Android Auto also connects fine.

However, what's not working now is my phone's internet connectivity. Normally, the phone connects to the car via both bluetooth and wifi direct. It's doing that now of course, otherwise Android Auto would not work.

Previously, even though it was connected via wifi direct, it still used the phone's data connection for internet. This is clearly not working now and everything in Android Auto runs in offline mode. So it's pretty useless.

In the settings for the mobile devices, the "use internet" option is disabled, so the phone should not think the car is supplying internet.

Anyone come across this before and have a solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 11:04 AM   #2
rs1987
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C LCI, S1000XR

Hmm, I had to turn the option "Internet use (requires wifi)" on. I don't have a hotspot subscription, so everything I was reading told me to turn this off. If I turn it on, then the 4G data connection comes on as well...

Anyway, problem solved it seems.
Appreciate 0