BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Alpina XB7 Orders Are Closed

12-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Heard from an SA at Knauz BMW that the order books are closed for 2022 and that they won't reopen until after the LCI for 2023.

He showed me an official looking letterhead from BMW so I was inclined to believe him, but it wasn't until today that I went on the configurator and noticed that you can no longer change any of the options on the XB7.

I have a feeling the last few remaining XB7s are going to keep their value as the reception to the LCI renders has been so cold.

While I was at Knauz sitting in the Alpina Blue XB7 it sold for $20K over MSRP….
Attached Images

12-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
While I was at Knauz sitting in the Alpina Blue XB7 it sold for $20K over MSRP….
Holy hell. Well, dealers are milking what they can.

We'll have to see how the LCI comes out. I'm still holding out hope.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 06:48 PM   #3
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW XB7 Alpina

Quote:
Heard from an SA at Knauz BMW that the order books are closed for 2022 and that they won't reopen until after the LCI for 2023.

He showed me an official looking letterhead from BMW so I was inclined to believe him, but it wasn't until today that I went on the configurator and noticed that you can no longer change any of the options on the XB7.

I have a feeling the last few remaining XB7s are going to keep their value as the reception to the LCI renders has been so cold.

If you placed an order for an XB 7 now it will still take 5-6 months at best to be built. If you are on the market for one why don't you just place an order for a 2023 MY and you get it mid or late August. Just my 0.02 or I assume you are not interested in a 2023 Alpina? I think 2022 had been closed because there aren't many spots left anyway. Your dealership should be able to order a 2023 model if I am not mistaken

Last edited by NLRMS; 12-27-2021 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:57 PM   #4
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLRMS View Post
Quote:

If you placed an order for an XB 7 now it will still take 5-6 months at best to be built. If you are on the market for one why don't you just place an order for a 2023 MY and you get it mid or late August. Just my 0.02 or I assume you are not interested in a 2023 Alpina? I think 2022 had been closed because there aren't many spots left anyway. Your dealership should be able to order a 2023 model if I am not mistaken
It's difficult to be interested in something I've never seen. There's really no telling what the LCI will look like as I don't buy what the renders are selling.

There's also no way under the sun that the Alpina's will come out the same time as the regular LCI X7s. If you remember it took at least a year longer (if I'm not mistaken) for the XB7 to be released, then several more months to be delivered.

There's still a nice Dravit gray one at Knauz, and a Ruby red one should be arriving next month. Overall I think there's less than 10 new ones in the US. As luck would have it I was able to put a deposit down on one scheduled to arrive in the next few days at another dealer.
      12-28-2021, 02:17 AM   #5
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:

Yep, sat in that one, too......real nice color.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 1
Al Pină1839.50
      12-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #6
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's difficult to be interested in something I've never seen. There's really no telling what the LCI will look like as I don't buy what the renders are selling.

There's also no way under the sun that the Alpina's will come out the same time as the regular LCI X7s. If you remember it took at least a year longer (if I'm not mistaken) for the XB7 to be released, then several more months to be delivered.

There's still a nice Dravit gray one at Knauz, and a Ruby red one should be arriving next month. Overall I think there's less than 10 new ones in the US. As luck would have it I was able to put a deposit down on one scheduled to arrive in the next few days at another dealer.
I understand,

Hope the one you put deposit on you are able to get a good price on. Basically everyone is asking for way over MSRP. The safest way of getting MSRP price or lower is by placing a customer order.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #7
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I understand,

Hope the one you put deposit on you are able to get a good price on. Basically everyone is asking for way over MSRP. The safest way of getting MSRP price or lower is by placing a customer order.
I was able to negotiate a few thousand off MSRP. Nothing like a couple years ago when I got almost $20K off a 750i. The huge markups I mentioned are supposedly for out of state buyers.

Craziest part is that this search started out as 40i for the wife, but due to the retarded options stuff going on as music lovers we weren't willing to deal with that terrible base stereo rule for the 40i's.

Current 750 has the Bowers and Wilkins so it would've been an unbearable downgrade as we dealt with it in an X7 loaner.

Then we started looking at M50's to at least get the H&K stereo, but by the time you add the desirable options you're pushing $115K (if you can even find something that isn't presold!)

The trip to Knauz sealed the deal as the wife fell in love with the looks of the Emrald Green XB7 they had in the showroom.
      12-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was able to negotiate a few thousand off MSRP. Nothing like a couple years ago when I got almost $20K off a 750i. The huge markups I mentioned are supposedly for out of state buyers.

Craziest part is that this search started out as 40i for the wife, but due to the retarded options stuff going on as music lovers we weren't willing to deal with that terrible base stereo rule for the 40i's.

Current 750 has the Bowers and Wilkins so it would've been an unbearable downgrade as we dealt with it in an X7 loaner.

Then we started looking at M50's to at least get the H&K stereo, but by the time you add the desirable options you're pushing $115K (if you can even find something that isn't presold!)

The trip to Knauz sealed the deal as the wife fell in love with the looks of the Emrald Green XB7 they had in the showroom.
Nice,

I wonder if you would be able to get the same deal if the car arrived at their lot. Other people have been lucky to get good price on cars that were in transit to the dealership and not so if the car was already there. Funny how we all initially look at different cars or lower X7 models and end up with Alpina

Don't forget to post pictures.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #9
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Sadly that's what it's like now. The M50i was at a really nice spot back in 2020 but given the state of 2021 and 2022 M50i's the Alpina XB7 now takes its place for people who would have most likely ended up with a loaded M50i. Sadly however with the cost that's being paid for them now there is lots of losses to take in the next few years. However, I'm not gonna lose sleep over someone who bought an XB7 in this market since a few tens of thousands in loss probably won't affect them much anyway…and if it did then they probably won't be buying XB7s to begin with. I am one of those who considered the XB7 back in 2020/2021 and decided to go with a fully loaded M50i, today I probably would have been in an XB7 given the present state. Crazy times we live in be safe out there
Appreciate 1
Al Pină1839.50
      12-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #10
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Sadly that's what it's like now. The M50i was at a really nice spot back in 2020 but given the state of 2021 and 2022 M50i's the Alpina XB7 now takes its place for people who would have most likely ended up with a loaded M50i. Sadly however with the cost that's being paid for them now there is lots of losses to take in the next few years. However, I'm not gonna lose sleep over someone who bought an XB7 in this market since a few tens of thousands in loss probably won't affect them much anyway…and if it did then they probably won't be buying XB7s to begin with. I am one of those who considered the XB7 back in 2020/2021 and decided to go with a fully loaded M50i, today I probably would have been in an XB7 given the present state. Crazy times we live in be safe out there
Definitely crazy times we're in.

The plan is to keep the Alpina for at least 5-7 years. Thankfully we have a really good indy mechanic for when the original warranty runs out. I put 50K miles on my N63TU 750 and beat the dog shit out of it and haven't had any mechanical issues, so I'm confident there. Only real concern is the air suspension components which will absolutely fail at some point, hopefully during the tail end of my warranty.

To be totally honest I'm not very hopeful with the direction BMW designers are taking moving forward so this very well might be my last Bimmer. Figured I might as well go out with a bang!

Most importantly, I'll be able to change my screen name to ALPINA_REALITY.
      12-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #11
NLRMS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

BMW configurator for XB 7 is open again. Not sure if they are actually accepting orders for 2022 MY or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #12
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BMW configurator for XB 7 is open again. Not sure if they are actually accepting orders for 2022 MY or not.
Yeah, I just saw that. Very strange indeed.

I'm still fairly certain that the order books are officially closed though judging from what the SA at Knauz showed me.