F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > More M performance muffler/exhaust questions
proTUNING Freaks

12-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #1
Crosed88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i M sport

More M performance muffler/exhaust questions

I have the 2019 430i. I asked about a week ago questions about installing the m performance exhaust. I'm still on the fence about it and I think I should explain a bit more of what happened. I went to a muffler shop hoping they would cut at the dimple and clamp on so I could switch back to my stock muffler. After they had finished I look and they cut the muffler to close to the actual muffler and not at the dimple. So now my stock one is pretty much a goner. My 2 options now are buy a new stock one and be out around 1k with purchasing it and instal costs ; or buy a m performance muffler. I do want to say I don't like loud exhausts + I hate the drone on the cheaper axle back muffler the shop has installed currently. Still looking for some advice or guidance :/
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christidef View Post
I have the 2019 430i. I asked about a week ago questions about installing the m performance exhaust. I'm still on the fence about it and I think I should explain a bit more of what happened. I went to a muffler shop hoping they would cut at the dimple and clamp on so I could switch back to my stock muffler. After they had finished I look and they cut the muffler to close to the actual muffler and not at the dimple. So now my stock one is pretty much a goner. My 2 options now are buy a new stock one and be out around 1k with purchasing it and instal costs ; or buy a m performance muffler. I do want to say I don't like loud exhausts + I hate the drone on the cheaper axle back muffler the shop has installed currently. Still looking for some advice or guidance :/

You can get used 30i mufflers for 100 bucks from the wreckers - just get another original muffler if you want to convert it back to stock. There is a cutting point marked on the exhaust pipe, that's the BMW recommended spot for any new F3X series muffler update/replacement. I have installed a 340i dual outlet exhaust on my F30 330i and it sounds way better than the M performance 330i one and looks the bizz.

Here is an interesting video that might help you to make a decision :-)

Appreciate 2
eff32fl1069.50
      12-19-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post
You can get used 30i mufflers for 100 bucks from the wreckers - just get another original muffler if you want to convert it back to stock. There is a cutting point marked on the exhaust pipe, that's the BMW recommended spot for any new F3X series muffler update/replacement. I have installed a 340i dual outlet exhaust on my F30 330i and it sounds way better than the M performance 330i one and looks the bizz.

Wow that sounds really good for a 4 cylinder! I was surprised how throaty it sounded and with some burbles (relatively speaking at least since it will never sound like an N55 or B58). I have a 430i and have been wanting to do some type of dual sided conversion just haven't pulled the trigger. Thank you very much for the example video!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 07:10 PM   #4
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post

I didn't think to ask, but is your car tuned?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 02:54 AM   #5
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
I didn't think to ask, but is your car tuned?
It's not my car in the video but my engine is stock and it sounds just like the one in the video. below, that's my 330i

Appreciate 0