E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Meet Video Music

04-29-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

UK Meet Video Music

Hi everyone, I thought we should make this official to help Viv with the video. Post any ideas for the score for the music video here. I know there has been a little chat about keeping the music british to go with the theme of the event, but since we had a couple of (very welcome) friends from across the pond, I guess any good tunes should be considered. So here are some of mine, and I have also posted the ideas Ric1 had below. Any other ideas, just add them to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
OK, so here is a little list of possible songs (note UK link and not in any way related to Take That!!):

Stereophonics – Have a nice day
Stereophonics – Dakota
Stereophonics – Maybe tomorrow
Foo fighters – Best of You
Foo fighters – Times Like These
Foo fighters – Learn to Fly
Blur – song 2
The Verve – Lucky Man, Bitter Sweet Symphony

Just a couple of ideas of course. I was listening to The Verce, Bitter Sweet Symphony, just the last couple of days, and I started to get my production mind going (not that I have ever produced anything in my life). Pictured the video with some stills at the start, and maybe some shots of the cars driving slowly by in the car park while the violins build up, before a proper action clip - fast moving cars or some such thing - as the rest of the music kicks in! I think we need to get a list of songs together then have a poll and peoples thoughts.

Dermot
All the best.

Dermot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric1
Guys

Great pictures and video. Looking forward to the plush version.

My suggestions for the music, all currently available in the E91 music lounge on wheels:

Boys are back in town - Thin Lizzy (the classic)
Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner (for that Apocolypse Now feel)
Song 2 - Blur (the head banger for the M50 home) :
Countdown to Extinction - Megadeath (the head banger for the true mosh) :rocks:
Bhangra Nights - (sound as good as the advert but look a lot better)
Break Free - Queen (without Freddie in a skirt) :
Somebody told me - The Killers (the big entry theme of 2005)
Cool Britannia - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (the Brit Cool theme)
Insomnia - Faithless (the one to get the bass woofer on the E91 really rumbling)
Black Devil Car - Jamiroquai (nearly got a black E91 because of this song, he wrote it about his black Enzo)
I predict a riot - Kaiserchiefs (a menacing anthem from the Yorkshire boys, it does suit a 3 series)
Hitchin' a ride - Green Day (just a cool back road tune)
MC Hammer - U can't touch this (nuff zed)
Sailor - Girls, Girls, Girls (there were lots of fine E90 and E91 ladies there on Saturday)
Rush Hour Soul - Supergrass (for the moment after you have just blown away a Merc 190 2.5 cossy without realising it - deja vu!)
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me - U2 (that's what the E90 will do to you, the E91 version includes karry me)

I have these and more on a playlist currently on continual loop in the car. The best BMW option, the iPod link.

The only option that none of you had was the extra couple grands worth of metal on the back. That must surely count as a serious optional extra!!!!

Looking forward to the next meet!

Ric
      04-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Nice work boys!

I've been away since Tuesday & have just got back with my wife from watching Little Britain Live in Nottingham.
What a great time we had!

I'm still waiting for Richard to transfer the footage onto DVD- he's been busy with work last week I'm afraid.

However, if I use a collection of the photos from the meet, I could 'knock' something up until I start work on the 'proper' video.

I'll stick it up in the First UK meet thread this week-end ok!

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 04-29-2006 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Sounds good Viv, just a little tempter to keep us going! Let me know if you need any photos sent through, although I guess you can get your hands on them all from as they have already been posted. Jealous about you going to see Little Britain. Wanted to go as well but computer said no!
      04-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

OK, so I am obviously the only one who cares about this. But Iforgot to tell you all about a little tune I had playing with the volume set to 11 the first time I cleaned the car, and it almost made me cry.

Stevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely

I know it aint too British like, but what a song, and how relevant.
      04-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK, so I am obviously the only one who cares about this. But Iforgot to tell you all about a little tune I had playing with the volume set to 11 the first time I cleaned the car, and it almost made me cry.

Stevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely

I know it aint too British like, but what a song, and how relevant.
Thanks Dermot.
I've been listening to all sorts of stuff today, from Fatboy Slim to the Little Britain theme tune.
It's still isn't any easier deciding!

You and your brother are looking good by the way, Dermot!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

I taught him everything he knows
      04-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I taught him everything he knows
Perhaps I should just use the BigBrother theme?!

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Perhaps I should just use the BigBrother theme?!
That would be OK, if it wasnt so damn annoying. I hear it all the time when I am at work.
      05-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #9
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Gary Numan - Cars. Kind of a teutonic feel to it, could be good...?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #10
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMad
Gary Numan - Cars. Kind of a teutonic feel to it, could be good...?
Hmmm....I'm still waiting for a copy of the raw footage Jon.
Once I have a good look at it, I should have a better idea of something fitting.
I'll then stick some ideas for tracks on here & you can let me know what you all think ok.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
I've had a quick look at some of the raw footage Richard took with the video camera.
There's bits in there with the northern convoy travelling down, all the cars at the meet, driving around the carpark as a convoy & some shots of us in the group.

I'm thinking about a higher paced music track- probably dance-oriented.

Fatboy Slim, Propellerheads, Moby etc

Any ideas ?

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 05:40 AM   #12
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Let me think about this one viv. I have got a whole world of decent funk and rare grooves. Should be able to find something uplifting and appropriate, without being too commercial! Not right now though as I am going away for the weekend, so remind me next week.

Mr O'leary
      05-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let me think about this one viv. I have got a whole world of decent funk and rare grooves. Should be able to find something uplifting and appropriate, without being too commercial! Not right now though as I am going away for the weekend, so remind me next week.

Mr O'leary
No problem Mr O!
I shall remind you.

Have a good week-end.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #14
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
I'm happy to say the Official First UK Meet video is now ready!

It's over 10minutes long & has made use of most of the video footage taken by Richard.
There's still some bits I've not yet used, but I can stick those onto a DVD with everything else.

The music track I've chosen is "Pearls Girl" by Underworld.
They are as British as they come (from Romford!) & they've got a good history behind them- they wrote "Born Slippy", which was used in the film Trainspotting.

I'm afraid you will need broadband to download this:
(there has been some problems downloading stuff from member sites, but please keep trying if it doesn't work first go)

Lower-res: 35Mb WMV file HERE (right-click & Save target as...)

Higher-res: 70Mb WMV file HERE (right-click & Save target as...)

Sorry for the delay in getting this ready, but I hope it was worth it.

I've tried to cover any reg plates, especially when videoing during the convoy down to Donington.

Let me know what you think, please.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Does anyone have it in youtube format?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #16
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Is there any reason you are bumping a 5 year old thread brother?
      01-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #17
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Does anyone have it in youtube format?
Youtube wasn't invented when this was first posted
      01-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #18
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Is there any reason you are bumping a 5 year old thread brother?

Just bored last night!....
Appreciate 0