ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

Question Quick question regarding max and min offset possible for a non-M Z4.

Hey guys, I found these for sale, they are the 19" Breyton Spirit wheels. Currently they are on a newer Z4M coupe, but I was wondering if these would fit?

They are 19x10 rears and 19x9 fronts. I dont know the offset unfortunately. But rather then create a barage of questions regarding which wheels will and wont fit; what are the general guidelines of what will and wont work with these cars?
This is going on a '04 3.0I sport. Thanks for looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
Graham M
Canada
Rep

Hey guys. Well the original person must log in about once a month, since its been quite a while since I heard back from him, and therefore I apologize due to the lack of info in the original post, as I was waiting to update it with the offsets I asked for.

Anyway, forgetting him: a local guy has a set of Iforged Daytona's for $3k CAD. With tires. The question is, the exact offset is unknown to him, but he assumes they are
28 at the front and 38 at the back.
This is for a 19x 8.5 in the front, and a 19x 10 in the back.

Would this work at all? I'm just trying to find a decent set of (in Canada) rims, as the way the exchange rate is now, .80 on the USD is a fairly decent loss I'd be taking
So I'm juggling between the two available currently.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
bojinns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86

No they wont fit...your offsets are much higher...go to this website to determine and find out your offsets (OEM is the ball park) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

then goto the tire forum on the e90 post website and compare the offsets of the new wheels vs. your oem...you'll find out that they wont fit...et28 and 38 are really aggressive even for e90s..Z4 non M offsets are much higher - et40 - 50 range..hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Yeah the offsets seem too low. The Z4 non-M have about the same offsets as the E46 non-M models. For 19x8.5 front you will need something like 35 and about 40-45 for a 9.5 rear. For the 10 you will need about 45 but will have to roll fenders and run skinnier tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
Graham M
Canada
Rep

Its comming off of an E46. Specifically an '01 330CI. Sorry, he guessed on the offsets for the most part, he doesn't know for sure, and doesn't know how to measure them. D'OH!!! Kind of like the blind leading the blind here I guess you can say. This coming Sunday we're going to try the wheels on and take the car for a quick ride to check for rub issues, at least then we'll know for sure.
For $2900 CAD, its not too bad of a deal so I think, how about you guys? is this worth it?, they come with toyo T1R tires, w/90% tread.

here are the pics on the car right now.

Again, thanks a ton for the help. It really helps me out, I dont know spit about the relation of offsets and so on. These numbers are almost giberish to me. So thank you so much for the help and replies.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
bojinns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86

well I hope they fit....cuz they look SWEET..

btw...they dont look like Breyton Spirits...they almost look "forged"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Graham M
Canada
Rep

^ Yeah the original ones I wanted were. They were listed on the Classifieds section, on the first page I believe close to the bottom. However the OP to that thread hasn't returned a PM when I asked what the offsets were, so so much for that.

These ones are "Iforged, Daytona's."
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Graham M
Canada
Rep

Hey guys, Thanks for the help. Well I tried them on today, and yes they fit. I did some high speed u-turns, hard braking, everything. Went over bumps and no rubbing. So I bought them for $2800. More pics to come, they look phenominal, took the car for a quick spin and wow, the attention is surreal now.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Congrats on the Iforged Daytona's...awesome set of wheels. I'm pretty sure that E46 and E46M fitments generally fit the Z4s...I've had a number of different rims fit without any problems!

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Graham M
Canada
Rep

^ Thank you. Here they are on the car.

I love the lip though, its huge!!!

Appreciate 0