E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2007 E90 328i 6spd Enthusiast Spec [Chicago]

09-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #1
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

FS: 2007 E90 328i 6spd Enthusiast Spec [Chicago]

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
More photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gt?usp=sharing

To start, it took me about 6 months of daily browsing to find this car and when I did there were only 2 similar specs in the entire country. I had to fly from Illinois to Pennsylvania to buy this car and it drove back no problem.

This is BMWs last naturally aspirated engine with hydraulic steering goodness, RWD, a proper 6 speed gearbox and non iDrive: the ultimate enthusiast spec. It's not the M3, but definitely a desirable spec to have. Have a browse yourself, you won't find a car right now that matches this spec with a stack of service records to prove the maintenance. If you do please forward it to me so I can see.

2007 E90 328i
Grey Exterior with black leather seats
Mileage: 113473
6-Spd Manual Transmission
Rear wheel drive
Premium package
Cold weather package
Sport package
HID Headlamps with angel eyes
Sunroof
Carfax on hand shows 2 previous owners and no accidents
2 sets of keys

*Completely stock car with no aftermarket performance parts*

Maintenance/items purchased by me:
-Brand new OEM clutch and flywheel installed by EP3 Motorsports
-New clutch and brake pedal covers
-Brand new ZHP weighted shift knob
-Brand new passenger door handle
-Brand new Bosch wiper blades
-Oil changed at 112,800 with FCP Euro Pentosin oil change kit

Maintenance/items purchased by previous owner:
-Rotors, brake pads, brake fluid service (photo in Google drive)
-RFT Tires all the way around/2-3yrs old (see Google drive)
-Oil pan gasket, oil level sensor seal and valve cover gasket
-Oil filter housing gasket
-Water pump and thermostat with coolant flush
-Recall on front airbag and blower motor wiring performed
-New OEM windshield
-PCV heater
-Cabin filter
-AC recharge
-Engine air filter
-Rear shocks
-Serpentine belt tensioner and serpentine belt
-Windshield washer pump and strainer
-Eccentric shaft sensor and spark plugs
-Power steering service (fluid)
-Right halo light bulb
(documentation of every single maintenance is on hand, none of this is made up)

As you can see, there has been a lot that has been maintained/replaced with new parts. The major issues that come up with this N52 engine have been addressed and this car doesn't leak a drop of oil. All leak-able seals have been addressed. The alignment is perfect, car drives straight. Tires are bridgestone and RFT so they are a bit noisy. You know this if you've driven a car with RFTs.

EXTERIOR

Please have a look at the photos in the google drive. The major and unfortunate defect on the exterior is hail dings on the trunk, roof, and hood. Not reported anywhere and not fixed. They are noticeable up close, but cannot tell from far away. Clear coat on the hood starting to go in several spots. Of all the bumpers the front has the most imperfections. I don't run a front plate so the major ones are noticeable but a front plate will cover those up. Headlights could use another round of headlight cleaner, but they are much better than when I got the car. Theres a ding on the rear drivers side door along with a scratch. Rear bumper has a scratch that you can see in one of the photos. Rear passenger quarter panel has a scuff that could be buffed. The side view mirror glass could be replaced. Wheels are as seen in photos. I have an extra set that are the exact same that could be sold for cheap to be used as a winter set if you want. I bought this car knowing all the imperfections on the exterior, but to me this car wasn't meant to be a show car, it was meant to be driven and enjoyed. It's unfortunate but who wants a perfect car anyways?

INTERIOR

The interior is in much better shape compared to the exterior. Major things to note would be a small tear in drivers seat (left leg bolster), one of the cup holder covers needs to be changed, the typical fading of the radio display, and the steering wheel cover peeling due to BMWs poor design. Rear seats look brand new, same with passenger seat. Dash is clean with no imperfection. I have gotten many compliments on how clean in interior is. Only has front rubber mats. Previous owner didn't buy the full set as he was the only one driving the car.

MISC

AC, Heat, Heated seats, all lights, radio, AUX, and power seats all work. All bulbs in and around the car are working. Cruise control, buttons, signals all work.

Do your market research before you reach out to me if you are serious about buying this car. I know the exterior is not perfect but I promise you the interior and mechanical condition with documentation makes up for it. Peace of mind that your car won't break down (being a BMW) is better than a perfect exterior with a poor mechanical history.

Car is located in the west suburbs of Chicago. Shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you. Price is OBO.

Last edited by balkanbemve; 09-25-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

BUMP

Google Drive link was down apparently. Fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
stilesg57
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 328i 6MT

I’m in Elmhurst and very interested. PM or text me at three oh 3 3 O four sixty five seventy.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Price drop: $9k
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 10:43 PM   #5
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant