E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Has anyone used this swaybar kit?

08-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Has anyone used this swaybar kit?

I have an E92 LCI. I’m looking for some feedback. For now, I’ll be installing it with stock springs and shocks. Thanks!
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Hotchkis...M-Car-Set.html
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 12:49 AM   #2
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Changing the rear sway bar out is overkill even on modified suspension imo, plus a pia install. I would just look for a front one, but for when you change other things too.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Changing the rear sway bar out is overkill even on modified suspension imo, plus a pia install. I would just look for a front one, but for when you change other things too.
The last thing I want to do is just change the front one. It already pushes the front end under acceleration in the corners. I’m looking to do the opposite. Get more weight on the front end, and have the car run flatter through the corners. The Hotchkis kit will do both those things. My biggest question is, what it will be like with using the stock springs and shocks. I have never done just a sway bar change before.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
The last thing I want to do is just change the front one. It already pushes the front end under acceleration in the corners. I’m looking to do the opposite. Get more weight on the front end, and have the car run flatter through the corners. The Hotchkis kit will do both those things. My biggest question is, what it will be like with using the stock springs and shocks. I have never done just a sway bar change before.
What makes sense in theory isn’t always what happens in practice. I have an upgraded front bar and a stock rear and it’s 100x better than stock.

I think you’ll find that a lot of your issue is the rest of the suspension. A few degrees of camber up front goes a LONG ways and a stiffer bar can really sharpen the response. So what you wish of course but IMO there’s a reason most people leave the rear bar alone. I’ve seen a number of people to back to stock even though it’s a pain to mess with.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

you need better and or wider rubber in front tires and some camber along with a front sway bar to really see the best benefits. been running 255 upfront with swaybar only, it's great
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Have a look at the spring rates you're installing, compared with stock. From there you can probably get a feeling for how much bar you want to add, and where.

Adding some neg camber to the front does help a lot!
Appreciate 0