E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Building a Race Car help, CAS/FRM

08-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
Holeshot895
Rep
Drives: 335i in process of a build

Building a Race Car help, CAS/FRM

Hello, I have been reading through many posts over the week and I am on a deadline to get the car to the fabricator, but I can't get the car to start.

I had a slew off issues I have worked through while building the car for GT.
My current issue that is preventing me from from finishing up is a no start, no crank, when the start/stop button is pressed the cluster goes blank and is taken out of accessory position.

I have been working through the issues, fixing shitty wiring and chasing all the wiring to confirm continuity and no other issues. I am very confident that the CAS or FRM is preventing the car to start. Before I was having a crank no start issue but now that I have managed to fix all the issues that were present from previous owner, I am confident I need to reprogram or repair the information in the modules to that they will communicate.

I have removed the Most system so that will remain red. The DSC issue is just a steering wheel calibration that can be fixed by turning the wheel lock to lock.
I have connected everything back into the system that was removed for prep for cage, just incase that was causing the issue although I am confident it is not.

I need to get this car running so I can get it on the trailer and bring it to the track for the cage work.

I will upload some pictures of what I am working with, what I need is some guidance to repair or reprogram the modules in question.

I had no issues starting before the work began, and i have had the DME programed back to stock after the JB4 was removed. I think the JB4 did something. Not really sure, the good thing is I still have communication with everything. With ignition on my wipers just continually sweep at med to high speed so there is no regulation on that circuit just constant 12v.

Car is 2007 build 07/07 335i E90 Auto rwd.

Thank
Mark

Thanks for any direction or help you can provide this Canadian racer.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I cannot see the photos, can you post the codes in the response or re-upload the photos? I can tell you it's not the FRM, the car can start and drive with them physically removed from the car. It could very well be the CAS module but a fault scan would be able to pinpoint the problem fairly well. Did the car ever run in your possession? Usually from cars I've seen purchased from auction or from people that list it not running and it's just crank, no start it's usually from a dme replacement that was never programmed to the CAS. But since your car now has no crank it may be something else now too.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #3
Holeshot895
Rep
Drives: 335i in process of a build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
I cannot see the photos, can you post the codes in the response or re-upload the photos? I can tell you it's not the FRM, the car can start and drive with them physically removed from the car. It could very well be the CAS module but a fault scan would be able to pinpoint the problem fairly well. Did the car ever run in your possession? Usually from cars I've seen purchased from auction or from people that list it not running and it's just crank, no start it's usually from a dme replacement that was never programmed to the CAS. But since your car now has no crank it may be something else now too.
I spent a lot of time fixing components, I had an electrical short caused by a JB4 issue, bricked my DME, I have had it repaired and work through many issues and now I am down to a couple of things that I have chased down after having the DME reprogrammed and replacing the junction box because of a bad x6300.

I started a new thread, the forum doesn't want to allow me to link pictures to google drive for some reason, I posted a lot of shared pictures. I will have to sort that out. I will provide a link to the post in coding.

Thanks for the reply, I am almost there.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852124
Appreciate 0