E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Avoid: HK Motorsports

11-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Avoid: HK Motorsports

Just wanted to warn everyone about this shop. I took my car there to dyno since LAPD is supposedly shut down.

Talked to the guy a few minutes on the phone and he said everything was good to go, good fans, New model Dynojet and that hes been tuning cars for over 12 years...

So I goto his shop, he puts my car on the dyno then tells me he cant give me torq numbers because he doesnt know where the ignition coils are. So I told him its under the black bmw engine cover. He tells me "are you a mechanic or something?" He then says removing two screws is extra work that hes not being paid for when I'm paying him $100 for the damn dyno...

After 5 minutes of kissing his ass he finally connects the rpm signal... He pulls out a 1970's classroom fan and points it at my IC but it doesnt even tilt all the way back, so pretty much the IC is only getting 1/4 of the air from the fan.

He jumps into the car and im watching the monitor... he floors the car and runs it through 3 gears, then stops.... Now im thinking WTF is this guy doing? He comes down to the monitor and says ok lets see what you made... And it said 310whp, At the time I had a JB3, dual cones and Catless DP's... He then goes to one of the rpm ranges and says this is your low end, then goes to the next and says this is the top end power

I'm thinking this guy is just plain stupid. And is trying to pass me on as a fool. So he gets into the car and gets ready for a 2nd pull, this time I ask him if hes disabled the DCT put the car into M mode etc and hes like yes yes I know what I'm doing.... This time he does the same stupid shit. I'm getting pissed cause he doesnt know what hes doing and wont listen. So on the 3rd pull, I go up into the car with him and make sure everything is good, telling him what to do etc. This pull he actually did it right because I was there with him...

Afterwords, hes telling me, my down reads a little low and brags how hes the only shop with a dyno jet in SFV. He insists on emailing me business cards etc to post on forums etc.

I couldve argued and fought with him over $100 but it isnt worth it. I'm sure letting everyone on the WWW know this shop is a joke will hurt him more.

I would totally suggest to everyone to avoid this shop.
The owner/dyno operator is a total asshole... Spend your money else where.

HK motorsport is located in Van Nuys.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
Gumulri
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i convertible[sold]

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
damn so you just wasted your one hundred
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
damn that sucks i would be pissed.
And he is full of shit, there are dozens of dynos
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
aznshrek88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

Thanks for the heads up and sorry about your Benjamin, but it was well spent...now this guy won't ever get business from the e90post community =D

We thank you for your review =D
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

wow sounds like a total douchebag! sucks to hear man...
Appreciate 0