BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

07-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #1
ryanr623
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 228I X-Drive

New to BMW - Hello and Question

Hi all! I'm new to BMW. I just purchased a new 228I X-Drive. I love the car. Not sure why most people hate the looks, i love it. Much better in person. Definitely not a traditional BMW look so i guess i get it.

Anyway i have a question. Is there a way to set sport mode as default? It's much quicker (shifting and driving) in sport, plus it takes away that awful stop/start feature at traffic lights. I was told about bimmercode but worried that might void my warranty.

Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
Dargofinch
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 228i xDrive GC

Garage List
Congrat ! Which color ? With or without M Sport package ?
2021 228i xDrive GC (F44) | Alpine White / Black SensaTec | M Sport | M Sport Steering | Convenience Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Shift Paddles | Illuminated Boston Trim| Extended Shadowline Trim| Panoramic moonroof
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:14 AM   #3
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
Hi all! I'm new to BMW. I just purchased a new 228I X-Drive. I love the car. Not sure why most people hate the looks, i love it. Much better in person. Definitely not a traditional BMW look so i guess i get it.

Anyway i have a question. Is there a way to set sport mode as default? It's much quicker (shifting and driving) in sport, plus it takes away that awful stop/start feature at traffic lights. I was told about bimmercode but worried that might void my warranty.

Any help is appreciated!
No, without coding this in there is no way to set sport as default. It's like that for a reason so full performance is restricted until everything is up to temp. I set mine to sport individual, everything on comfort aside from the gearbox to sport. That also disables the start/stop but you still have to remember to press the sport button.