BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

07-15-2021, 02:20 AM   #1
Poodle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Coupe, 2019 X5

228i Loaner

I got a 228i loaner when my X5 was in service. First time driving this car. It looks not as bad as many others complained. I actually like some features like frameless windows (even in the rear), large exhaust tips and the standard BMW interior and infotainment, not much trimmed down from higher-end models.

I only did some regular commute driving. It drives ok, just like savage geese evaluated in their video. Not responsive in comfort mode, a little more interesting in sport, but I feel that is a little stretch of the car to generate that sporty feeling with aggressive gear shift and engine sound. I also have a 428i, but the difference of 30 hp seems to make a big difference in experience.

Anyway, good entry-level luxury brand family car, ideal for lease for 2-3 years.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-28-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
ryanr623
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 228I X-Drive

I just bought one. I love it, and the looks... although i am not a BMW purist, it's my first. I came from a 2017 Camaro SS with 525 hp (455hp stock). Fun car but just zero bells and whistles or comfort. Didn't even have heated mirrors. I wanted a small fun car with technology and features, that was more comfortable, and this fit the bill. It's got every option. The Audi A3 and Merc A220 didn't have the looks and had way less HP/torque, so didn't even consider those. It does look way better in person i'll give you that. Love the aggressive front end. Maybe an M235i next after this lease is up.
Appreciate 1
Poodle64.50