BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

07-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #1
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
I cleaned my Storm Bay Metallic 2020 BMW 228i last night with the products listed above. The car was very shiny and super clean, I was impressed on how these products work. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced the detail spray being used a lot when cleaning the car after washing off the soap? This is because on the bottle it says to mist each section then wipe with a microfibre cloth, but after I was done the whole car majority of the spray was used. So is there a way to use less spray, or am I suppose be using a lot? If you have any tips or suggestions that would be great! Also I used the two bucket method since I don't own a foam gun or cannon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
Mushy007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 2D MH M Sport 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
I cleaned my Storm Bay Metallic 2020 BMW 228i last night with the products listed above. The car was very shiny and super clean, I was impressed on how these products work. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced the detail spray being used a lot when cleaning the car after washing off the soap? This is because on the bottle it says to mist each section then wipe with a microfibre cloth, but after I was done the whole car majority of the spray was used. So is there a way to use less spray, or am I suppose be using a lot? If you have any tips or suggestions that would be great! If you would like too see how the car looks just let me know I'll take some photos today, also I used the two bucket method since I don't own a foam gun or cannon.
Looks like you have two options when applying, option 1 as you have done and option 2 apply once the car is rinsed clean, mist on the panels jet wash off and dry the car. I use two types of quick detailer sprays Gyeon Wet Coat and Infinity Wax special quick detailer. I find if you apply to the top of the car first and work down, spraying it with fast side movements like a spray gun, you get great coverage then as you jet wash off the product washes down all panels. I get approx two cars per bottle and have a little left. The results are superb for upto 8 weeks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy007 View Post
Quote:
I cleaned my Storm Bay Metallic 2020 BMW 228i last night with the products listed above. The car was very shiny and super clean, I was impressed on how these products work. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced the detail spray being used a lot when cleaning the car after washing off the soap? This is because on the bottle it says to mist each section then wipe with a microfibre cloth, but after I was done the whole car majority of the spray was used. So is there a way to use less spray, or am I suppose be using a lot? If you have any tips or suggestions that would be great! If you would like too see how the car looks just let me know I'll take some photos today, also I used the two bucket method since I don't own a foam gun or cannon.
Looks like you have two options when applying, option 1 as you have done and option 2 apply once the car is rinsed clean, mist on the panels jet wash off and dry the car. I use two types of quick detailer sprays Gyeon Wet Coat and Infinity Wax special quick detailer. I find if you apply to the top of the car first and work down, spraying it with fast side movements like a spray gun, you get great coverage then as you jet wash off the product washes down all panels. I get approx two cars per bottle and have a little left. The results are superb for upto 8 weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy007 View Post
Quote:
Thank you I'll try spraying it that way!
Appreciate 0