Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Spacer Question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Spacer Question

i know that most spacers just use longer bolts to go through the wheel and spacer onto the hub, but my question is can i use spacers on my e92 that bolt onto the hub(car) and then bolt the wheels onto the spacer with 5 other bolts? the reason i ask is because i just bought a cheap winter setup that has the smallest bolt holes i've ever seen on a wheel. they came with spline bolts which fit fine but the tapered bmw bolts will not fit through these bolt holes. these wheels do fit fine on the car and the bolts they came with are the correct size and pitch but they are only 7 inch wheels with a 35 et, which looks TERRIBLE on my car, so spacers are a must. sorry if this is confusing, but frankly i've never seen holes this small(haha) on a wheel before. i cant even get a 17 mil socket into them. they came with an adapter to tighten them. oh ya, and if this is possible, where can i get them?
      11-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
bimdaddy
Major
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera & G01 X3

hmm....i've seen this done before but there's a minimum thickness you have to have. In other words, can't do with 5mm spacers.
      11-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
From what I gather, you're looking for a bolt on spacer. You could make due with at least a 20mm spacer. Since you have to use those "tuner" type lug bolts, I suggest getting the bolt on type spacers. They look like this:

Then you'd have to go to your local auto parts store and purchase some tuner type lug nuts that fit in those narrow holes. Something like this:

Just make sure the spacers you purchase are hub and wheel centric.
      11-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
branabolic
Major
Rep

why can't i just use the weird bolts that came with the wheels to bolt them onto the spacer?? and i was planning on going with a 15 or 20+ millimeter spacer btw because it looks sooooooo weak. like unbelievably weak!
      11-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
branabolic
Major
Rep

i just spoke to Turner Motorsports because i live nearby. they said that i can use the spacers i am talking about but they need to be a 25 mil spacer minimum. do you guys think that is possible with a 7inch wheel and 35 et. i think it might be possible because the wheel calculator thing on here says the new wheel will recess 17mil. vs. the stock 189's. and people run 10 millimeter spacers no problem on 189s so that should be the equivalent of a 27 mil with my crappy new wheels. make any sense?? btw i asked turner if we could test fit them and the guy laughed at me and told me the second they touch your car you own em whether they fit or not.... not cool.